Change hardware button to get 'back' in the left

6th February 2014, 09:17 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 6

63 posts
Hello,

I want to change 'back' and 'menu' keys, so 'back' to be on the rigth side and 'menu' on the left. Like Samsung (I owned one). I prefer 'back' near my finger, it is more confortable.

I have been investigating. I have found a tool here in xda called buttonremapper, but after download and test, it does not work. Also it looks a bit abandoning, so it is possible it does not work for newer devices.

I have also test xposed framework + gravity box, but it has only the option to program 'long press' and 'double touch'. Under navigation bar there is an option to do what I want, but it only do it activating 'buttons in screen', so that is not a solution for me.

I suspect there is a way to do it modifying values in a /system/usr/keyloyout file, but dont know which and what modifications.

have somebody experience doing this for our device? is there a way to achieve this?

Thanks,
6th February 2014, 10:01 AM   |  #2  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 6

63 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by clonfsp

Hello,

I want to change 'back' and 'menu' keys, so 'back' to be on the rigth side and 'menu' on the left. Like Samsung (I owned one). I prefer 'back' near my finger, it is more confortable.

I have been investigating. I have found a tool here in xda called buttonremapper, but after download and test, it does not work. Also it looks a bit abandoning, so it is possible it does not work for newer devices.

I have also test xposed framework + gravity box, but it has only the option to program 'long press' and 'double touch'. Under navigation bar there is an option to do what I want, but it only do it activating 'buttons in screen', so that is not a solution for me.

I suspect there is a way to do it modifying values in a /system/usr/keyloyout file, but dont know which and what modifications.

have somebody experience doing this for our device? is there a way to achieve this?

Thanks,

I answer myself: it is possible modifyind the file /system/usr/keypad_8064.kl , changing the balues 'back' <-> 'menu'. It is even possible to assign buttons in another way, like right: home, center: menu and left: back.
The Following User Says Thank You to clonfsp For This Useful Post: [ View ]
7th February 2014, 10:06 PM   |  #3  
Flag Slobozia
Thanks Meter: 63

191 posts
More
Code:
key 114   VOLUME_DOWN
key 115   VOLUME_UP
key 116   POWER			WAKE
key 139   MENU			VIRTUAL
key 158   BACK			VIRTUAL