Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,805,734 Members 42,621 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

T-Mobile Note 3 questions

Tip us?

jprovan1
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 28
Default T-Mobile Note 3 questions

So. I'm 99% sure I'm making the Jump from Verizon to T-Mobile. I currently have the note 3 on Verizon. My basic questions are any complaints about service? How's the LTE? And how's the GPS lock on the note 3 on T-Mobile. I have read some have problems.
Man. Can't wait to have an unlocked boot loader haha.....

Sent from my SM-N900V using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Naturesretard
Old
Thanks Meter 25
Depends on your location. I've had verizon, sprint, and now tmo. Honestly if you told me to switch to tmo 5 years ago I'd laugh at you. I'll laugh at you now for not considering it.

No Contracts, jumping is superior to edge, less expensive, almost same speeds as Verizon [I get 35 most of the time] (but who really needs 50mb Down?). And unlocked bootloader

Sent from my SM-N900T using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Retired (Yet still winning my love!)
OG EVO 4G (Supersonic)
Hardware version: 0004
ROM: Digital Karma v9
Kernel: Still deciding!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Naturesretard For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

marcoxx626
Old
Thanks Meter 870
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naturesretard View Post
Depends on your location. I've had verizon, sprint, and now tmo. Honestly if you told me to switch to tmo 5 years ago I'd laugh at you. I'll laugh at you now for not considering it.

No Contracts, jumping is superior to edge, less expensive, almost same speeds as Verizon [I get 35 most of the time] (but who really needs 50mb Down?). And unlocked bootloader

Everything this guy said. If you're in an area where T-Mobile has good reception, you'd be an idiot not to make the switch lol. Better service, better prices, better value (truly unlimited data), etc.

jprovan1
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 28
Nice. Thanks guys

Sent from my SM-N900V using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

d12unk13astard
Old
Thanks Meter 630
Make the jump NAO!!

They pay your ETF, there service is only getting better and stronger since they bought spectrum from Verizon, tons of roms with very easy root methods(one doesn't even trigger knox if you don't care about flashing roms and kernels) but yes tons and tons of custom rom and kernel options over here on T-Mobile.

You guys do have Beanstown(love his jellybeans rom to death) scrosler(cleanrom) hashcode(insanely smart dev that helped create safestrap(or he did it all by himself apologies if I'm wrong) that I'm sure you'll miss but there's still ways to flash your carriers rom as well as the international n9005 roms with the wifi nfc blue tooth. Zip fix.

I really did my research when considering which carrier I got my note 3 from, hated sprints network on the note2,verizon was too expensive and locked down bootloader unless you bought the dev edition which cost more too, then att was no better with its subpar service and locked down bootloader. To hell with all them!!!,

T-Mobile has always been my favorite cell phone provider and their service has always been great(love their free wifi calling) there always doing their best to throw out great deals to get you to join. I still prefer and always will just buy my phone exchange outright and pay anywhere from 30 dollars a month for unlimited data, text and 100 minutes anytime talk, or if I'm needing it just pay the measly extra 20 for unlimited talk text data and 4g Lte.

Sent from my SM-N900T using xda premium
Current Device: T-Mobile Note 3 (SM-N900T)

Past Devices:

Sprint Note 2 (L900) - Hanging on to
Sprint Galaxy S2 - Sold
T-Mobile G2X (P-999) - Sold
T-Mobile Mytouch4G - Sold
T-Mobile G1 (Dream) - Sold

Derailme
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Just made the switch from at&t a week ago and could not be happier. Yes the coverage area is not as good but I'm sure it will get better. I work for the railroad and take trips all over Texas and the service is spotty, however for the price and customer service I have received you can't beat it, contract fees were paid easily and the switch was flawless. Loving this note!