[Q] Fire HDX 7'' - Deleted System App, Device is in reboot loop

Tip us?

urbainmenace
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Fire HDX 7'' - Deleted System App, Device is in reboot loop

Hi guys,

So I stupidly deleted a system app from the device, and now it's stuck in a reboot loop.

It will switch on, become recognized by the PC, so I can view internal storage, but then it reboots before I can do anything else.

Is there anything at all I can do?

Thanks for any input guys.

Mineturtle33
Old
Thanks Meter 59
Find the apk file that you deleted on Amazon's website, and then adb push it back to /system/app. Hard power off, then boot into recovery and factory reset.

Sent from my KFSOWI using Tapatalk

GSLEON3
Old
Retired Senior Moderator
Thanks Meter 1140

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mineturtle33 View Post
Find the apk file that you deleted on Amazon's website, and then adb push it back to /system/app. Hard power off, then boot into recovery and factory reset.

Sent from my KFSOWI using Tapatalk
Good answer.

You may also want to try using an app called qtADB from linux. It is a GUI for ADB & a few other tools that will allow you to compare an extracted rom (the .bin) on your desktop with the contents of your device partitions. It is kinda an ADB for idiots, so I use it frequently when quickly trying to recreate & recover bricks.
Ingress Resistance - Rainbow6

Click HERE to buy me a cheeseburger if I helped you! Or even better, find a charity or local family fighting childhood cancer & help out however you can!

A brief & incomplete timeline of my love affair with mobile technology: