Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,814,562 Members 53,585 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

3G/H/H+ Data 'hang' issues - Anyone experienced this?

Tip us?

xJakeyy
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Default 3G/H/H+ Data 'hang' issues - Anyone experienced this?

Hi all,

I've been on the Three UK 'One Plan' for around 7 months now. For the first 5-6 months I've had nothing but bliss and an amazing contract (for a change!!). However, since December when I got a new phone I've had random data drop-outs/freezes/hangs whatever you prefer.

Basically, the data will be stuck 'uploading' with the upstream arrow constantly flashing and I can't access anything using data because it just won't simply load anything. I was just wondering if anyone has had the same issue, on Three UK or otherwise?

I've seen a few threads saying they've had this (this is around 2011-2012) and it was an Android issue and they've just ignored it. However, I don't accept this because I've been fine for the first 6 months. I know it's not the phone because I've actually had a replacement & a completely different phone altogether. I've also had a replacement SIM and it hasn't done anything.

Anyone any ideas?

nikzDHD
Old
Thanks Meter 1,118
No such issues with me on three, have you checked to see there are no issues with your local mast. I've got 4g now with three and it's excellent.

Sent from my GT-I9505G using Tapatalk
Phone: OnePlus One 64GB
Rom: SlimSaber | Der Kernel: AK

Tablet: Nexus 7 2013 32GB
Rom: SkimKat | Der Kernel: Stock SlimKat

Previous: HTC DesireHD | Samsung Galaxy SII | T-Mobile Rapport | Samsung Galaxy S (Backup) | Samsung Galaxy SIII | Samsung Galaxy Note II | HTC One X | Nexus 4 | Samsung Galaxy S4

xJakeyy
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikzDHD View Post
No such issues with me on three, have you checked to see there are no issues with your local mast. I've got 4g now with three and it's excellent.

Sent from my GT-I9505G using Tapatalk
Cool! Not sure when my area is due to get 4g. I've checked with Three and they said there are no issues on the masts nearby and all my friends have said they're fine. Bit stuck!