No registration required

[Q] Note 2 headset and bluetooth controls issue after upgrade and factory reset

OP bigpoppapaul

8th February 2014, 12:54 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

8 posts
More
I'm normally the problem solver type and will Google the crap out of anything before asking for help. This is one of those times where I haven't found a solution.

I have a unrooted Note 2 with stock 4.3. Before the upgrade from 4.1.2, I didn't experience these issues. They're minor issues but enough of an annoyance that I'd like some help.

Issue 1. (this issue began after 4.3) When connecting a headset for music, if I attempt to use the headset buttons to control playback, they ONLY work on the stock Samsung music player. If I try to use them on any other player, they will simply start the music player. I've attempted to disable the stock player and that option is greyed out. OCCASIONALLY the headset controls will work with music player I'm using (Rocket Player) so I'm figuring there HAS to be a way to make it consistent. What am I missing?

Issue 2. When I connect to a Bluetooth speaker, the bluetooth controls only occasionally work in controlling playback. Sometimes when I connect the controls work beautifully, other times, not at all. (this is with the stock music player as the controls only work on that when they do work) This issue only started after a factory reset post upgrading to 4.3

Any ideas?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread