[Q] One bricked when attempting a return to stock

7th February 2014, 10:42 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Hello there everyone, sorry to add another 'bricked' thread to the first page but it seems the more I try to fix my phone on my own, the deeper the hole I'm digging becomes.

About a week ago I installed Cyanogenmod via their installer. It was nice and straightforward but I soon began to miss Sense 5.5 so I set out to return my phone to stock. This was a few days ago and since then I have learned about flashing, rooting, fastboot etc., but I am now stuck where I cannot make it past the Cyanogenmod logo and I have absolutely no idea where to start fixing things. I can't make any progress as I do not have USB debugging mode enabled (nor can I enable it now) and I have no backup other than the automatic backup to Dropbox.

Below is my getvar output. Phone is 'TAMPERED' and 'UNLOCKED'. Oh, the phone is not rooted and was bought in Hong Kong but I use o2 in England. Please let me know If there is any more information I need to include.

Quote:

(bootloader) version: 0.5
(bootloader) version-bootloader: 1.55.0000
(bootloader) version-baseband: 4A.21.3263.04
(bootloader) version-cpld: None
(bootloader) version-microp: None
(bootloader) version-main: 3.63.708.3
(bootloader) version-misc: PVT SHIP S-ON
(bootloader) serialno: Oops
(bootloader) imei: nothing to see here
(bootloader) meid: 00000000000000
(bootloader) product: m7_ul
(bootloader) platform: HBOOT-8064
(bootloader) modelid: PN0714000
(bootloader) cidnum: HTC__622
(bootloader) battery-status: good
(bootloader) battery-voltage: 4300mV
(bootloader) partition-layout: Generic
(bootloader) security: on
(bootloader) build-mode: SHIP
(bootloader) boot-mode: FASTBOOT
(bootloader) commitno-bootloader: dirty-14eb688c
(bootloader) hbootpreupdate: 11
(bootloader) gencheckpt: 0

Thanks for taking the time to read this, any pointers would be very much appreciated
Last edited by kelvov; 7th February 2014 at 11:23 PM. Reason: Missed out information
7th February 2014, 11:10 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 62

293 posts
I'm no expert, but maybe this can help.

Here's what I did with mine when I thought I bricked it. Keep in mind that I had a micro-USB to USB OTG cable. (costs less than $5)
Mine was bootloader unlocked, s-on but with hboot 1.55 or 1.54.

1. install TWRP recovery (openrecovery-twrp-2.6.3.3-m7.img) using fastboot.

2. Boot into TWRP recovery, then using OTG cable, mount a USB flash drive that has a installable zip image of the whole thing. I just used one from here:
http://android-revolution-hd.blogspo...-site-var.html
I got the "Download stock odexed 4.19.401.8" since I wanted to return it to stock like so I can return it.
I flashed it with that, and it would reboot into stock-like Android. I still had a bootloader from GoogleExperience version, and I accidentally did S-on before fixing these so I was screwed.

Anyways, that's how I got mine back to working state. After that, I couldn't get S-off (hboot 1.54) no matter what even using Rumrunner. Trying to get S-off again, I had to reflash the kernel with some other custom kernel, and then was able to do rumrunner to get s-off again. From that point, everything was easy, and I was able to reinstall real AT&T stock android using their RUU exe file. After that it installs OTA updates too.
The Following User Says Thank You to hp79 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
7th February 2014, 11:10 PM   |  #3  
Flag Montreal
Thanks Meter: 1,119

2,895 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelvov

Hello there everyone, sorry to add another 'bricked' thread to the first page but it seems the more I try to fix my phone on my own, the deeper the hole I'm digging becomes.

About a week ago I installed Cyanogenmod via their installer. It was nice and straightforward but I soon began to miss Sense 5.5 so I set out to return my phone to stock. This was a few days ago and since then I have learned about flashing, rooting, fastboot etc., but I am now stuck where I cannot make it past the Cyanogenmod logo and I have absolutely no idea where to start fixing things. I can't make any progress as I do not have USB debugging mode enabled (nor can I enable it now) and I have no backup other than the automatic backup to Dropbox.

Below is my getvar output. Phone is 'TAMPERED' and 'UNLOCKED'. Oh, the phone is not rooted and was bought in Hong Kong but I use o2 in England. Please let me know If there is any more information I need to include.

Thanks for taking the time to read this, any pointers would be very much appreciated

Do you have a nandroid backup of your phone? Remove IMEI and S/N from your last post!!
7th February 2014, 11:30 PM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hp79

I'm no expert, but maybe this can help.

Here's what I did with mine when I thought I bricked it. Keep in mind that I had a micro-USB to USB OTG cable. (costs less than $5)
Mine was bootloader unlocked, s-on but with hboot 1.55 or 1.54.

1. install TWRP recovery (openrecovery-twrp-2.6.3.3-m7.img) using fastboot.

2. Boot into TWRP recovery, then using OTG cable, mount a USB flash drive that has a installable zip image of the whole thing. I just used one from here:...
I got the "Download stock odexed 4.19.401.8" since I wanted to return it to stock like so I can return it.
I flashed it with that, and it would reboot into stock-like Android. I still had a bootloader from GoogleExperience version, and I accidentally did S-on before fixing these so I was screwed.

Anyways, that's how I got mine back to working state. After that, I couldn't get S-off (hboot 1.54) no matter what even using Rumrunner. Trying to get S-off again, I had to reflash the kernel with some other custom kernel, and then was able to do rumrunner to get s-off again. From that point, everything was easy, and I was able to reinstall real AT&T stock android using their RUU exe file. After that it installs OTA updates too.

Thanks for the info, will have to try it tomorrow after buying a cable

Quote:
Originally Posted by alray

Do you have a nandroid backup of your phone? Remove IMEI and S/N from your last post!!

Unfortunately no, I wrongly assumed a simple backup would have sufficed in the event anything went wrong. Never again. Oops, that for the heads up on that
8th February 2014, 12:09 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 418

1,731 posts
You should be able to push ARHD 31.6 and be ok

sent from my mobile device
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread