Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,772,899 Members 48,862 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

cant flash anything

Tip us?

Joomlad
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 18
Default cant flash anything

so after trying some roms out and some modems, after some errors i had to revert back to the 4.4 leak. now it wont let me flash any custom stuff, i had it working fine but now after rooting the leaked firmware and installing custom recovery i can flash things but when it resets it just sits at a black screen and reboots. i dont kno whats happening but i hate being stuck on the leak as its not completely stable

Misterjunky
Old
Thanks Meter 2299

DONATE TO ME
Thumbs up re: 4.4 downgrade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joomlad View Post
so after trying some roms out and some modems, after some errors i had to revert back to the 4.4 leak. now it wont let me flash any custom stuff, i had it working fine but now after rooting the leaked firmware and installing custom recovery i can flash things but when it resets it just sits at a black screen and reboots. i dont kno whats happening but i hate being stuck on the leak as its not completely stable
It's too late, once you odin flash the 4.4 leak you cannot downgrade back
to 4.3/4.2 stock or custom roms.

You will have to wait until the official 4.4 official firmware comes about.

Good luck!
Have a great day, enjoy!

Don't forget it takes less time to click the "THANKS" button than to type "thank you".
(unless you type very fast).

Joomlad
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 18
It was working before though. I tried the 4.4 leak and then was using custom 4.3 roms so.thats not true. I know stock roms won't work. I just can't figure out why it suddenly stopped working. I'm hating the 4.4 leak

Joomlad
Old
(Last edited by Joomlad; 7th February 2014 at 11:50 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 18
I originally tried the 4.4 leak and then after some bugs and things i rooted it and flashed TWRP and flashed a few custom 4.3 roms. All which worked fine. Then after trying a few 4.3 modems i can flash a custom rom but when it reboots it doesnt show that text in the top corner and the screen stays black and eventually reboots. It was working and now its not. Anyone got any ideas?

terminator1983
Old
(Last edited by terminator1983; 7th February 2014 at 04:04 PM.)
Thanks Meter 19
Deleted

Joomlad
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 18
Edit: i got it working again, all i needed was a custom kernel and now my custom 4.3 roms work again