XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Changing Modem on SlimKat

Tip us?

ariesgodofwar
Old
Thanks Meter 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Link119 View Post
Which file did you use? Was it one of the padded modems or just a regular one?
Use the Padded Modems found here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1192436

I personally use KJ5, which is this specific file: http://sourceforge.net/projects/team...m.zip/download
The Following User Says Thank You to ariesgodofwar For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Link119
Old
(Last edited by Link119; 14th January 2014 at 10:47 PM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by ariesgodofwar View Post
I flashed the KG4 padded modem and i am still getting an unknown baseband after letting my phone sit for about 5 minutes after flashing.

DragnzKlaw
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Did you check to see if there is anything under your APN... Settings>mobile networks>Access Point Names...maybe add it manually if there is nothing there.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk

Link119
Old
(Last edited by Link119; 16th January 2014 at 01:38 AM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
I did not, but would anything show up if the Baseband is saying unknown? I am back to the stock modem (kj6) because i needed to get my signal back.

Edit: So the problem still isnt solved, but long texts are sending (before i would get an error message saying failed) so i dont need to worry changing the modem anymore. Thanks for helping guys even though it didnt work out!

thorne1209
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Link119 View Post
I did not, but would anything show up if the Baseband is saying unknown? I am back to the stock modem (kj6) because i needed to get my signal back.

Edit: So the problem still isnt solved, but long texts are sending (before i would get an error message saying failed) so i dont need to worry changing the modem anymore. Thanks for helping guys even though it didnt work out!
Had the same thing happen to me. Kept asking and received the answer that worked for me. Just make sure your CWM or TWRP recovery images are updated to the very latest. Should work. Been testing modems back and forth for a couple days now. Still getting sudden signal drops though. I wondering if T-Mobiles update to their towers isn't compatible with our hardware. Seems coincidental that many had this problem start right around that time. Trying to force us to upgrade devices tailored to their services provided...haha anyways...I'll stop ranting now

Sent from my myTouch 4g using xda app-developers app
Device: HTC Glacier [mytouch 4g]
ROM: AoCP 5.8_The Collective [4.2.2][N_otori0us_ PORT]
Recovery: 4EXT v1.0.0.5_RC9

The lesson learned:
The sun always falls,
...so do we,
but it always gets back up.
...Shouldn't we?

Dwack
Old
Thanks Meter 70
Just use a file manager to copy the modem.bin file to /radio/

I tried flashing from TWRP and got the unknown baseband error as well. Manually copied it over and all is well now.
The Following User Says Thank You to Dwack For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

FBis251
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3355

DONATE TO ME
The modem installer zips were written for ICS roms. They might have worked on some JellyBean roms but I definitely never tested them on KitKat. @Dwack has the right method for this though, copying by hand should work fine since that's all the .zip files do.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FBis251 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]