5,599,033 Members 32,124 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Australian Note 3 In New Zealand!?

Tip us?

iceghost1210
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 12
Default [Q] Australian Note 3 In New Zealand!?

Hi all,

Quick question, Im heading to New Zealand in April and ill be taking my note 3 which i bought out right from JB Hifi, with no sim locks as far as im aware.

Question: Will i have the regional lock problem if i were to purchase a NZ Sim card and use it in my phone?

Im currently on Android 4.3 with a Optus Simcard.

Thanks in advance!

ultramag69
Old
Thanks Meter 493
Quote:
Originally Posted by iceghost1210 View Post
Hi all,

Quick question, Im heading to New Zealand in April and ill be taking my note 3 which i bought out right from JB Hifi, with no sim locks as far as im aware.

Question: Will i have the regional lock problem if i were to purchase a NZ Sim card and use it in my phone?

Im currently on Android 4.3 with a Optus Simcard.

Thanks in advance!
Region lock was supposed to be disabled after using your phone to make phone calls for about 5 minutes...
Whether the lock may affect you is anyone's guess but the UK & European phones that come with region lock have a sticker on the outside.
I don't believe you will have any problems but that is still just a guess....
If You Disagree Or Think I'm Wrong, Look Closer At My Avatar...
The Following User Says Thank You to ultramag69 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

dr.m0x
Old
Thanks Meter 693
So far as I know genuine Australian Note 3 handsets are not region locked. Was there a sticker on the box when you got it? If not then you are good to go.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
The Note 3 is a beast
The Following User Says Thank You to dr.m0x For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

iceghost1210
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 12
Ahh thats good, ive seen pictures of the stickers on the boxes saying that the phone is region locked, my box has no such sticker so i guess im in the clear.
I cant take my optus simcard over to nz as its not mine, so i cant do the 5 min call part, but i might grab a prepaid simcard just incase.
Tags
australia, new zealand, note 3, regional lock, sim card