Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,770,879 Members 43,737 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Re: [Q&A]KickDroid DNA

Tip us?

Sutko82
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 17
Default Re: [Q&A]KickDroid DNA

I am also having issues of dropping 4g since making move to KK and now when I went back to my back up I am still not able to keep 4g. If I go to airplane mode 4g will be on shortly and drop off. I have latest radio and hboot and beta twarp. What might be the problem here. Any suggestions would be appreciated as I don't know how to gwt my LTE back. I was on santod dlx max rom prior to switching to kick Droid and after flashing that it went bad for me. Also I tried 2 different roms and it didn't help amd I don't get root access with 2 different KK roms. Please help! Thank you!

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk

badogg
Old
(Last edited by badogg; 7th February 2014 at 10:41 PM.)
Thanks Meter 684
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sutko82 View Post
I am also having issues of dropping 4g since making move to KK and now when I went back to my back up I am still not able to keep 4g. If I go to airplane mode 4g will be on shortly and drop off. I have latest radio and hboot and beta twarp. What might be the problem here. Any suggestions would be appreciated as I don't know how to gwt my LTE back. I was on santod dlx max rom prior to switching to kick Droid and after flashing that it went bad for me. Also I tried 2 different roms and it didn't help amd I don't get root access with 2 different KK roms. Please help! Thank you!

Same exact issue I'm having. I haven't been able to fix it yet, I'm trying to get my phone to RUU to see if that fixes it.

---------- Post added at 01:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:58 PM ----------

RUU didn't fix it. I have not idea what the problem is at this point.

Edit: I forgot to go back and do a factory reset after running the RUU. Now everything is fine. Solid 4G again.
HTC Droid DNA
Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 16gb Wifi
Google Nexus 7 32gb

Retired Devices:
HTC Rezound
HTC Droid Incredible

Sutko82
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 17
Can you please give me thread link what to follow and how to do ruu. Doesn't RUU automatically factory reset?

badogg
Old
Thanks Meter 684
Quote:
Can you please give me thread link what to follow and how to do ruu. Doesn't RUU automatically factory reset?

I RUU'd but I guess I didn't have to according to this post:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...1&postcount=15

But if you wanted to RUU, these are the threads I used:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2612740

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2293919

If I were doing it again, I'd try what is in the first link in my thread about loading stock rom, recovery, and doing factory reset.
HTC Droid DNA
Google Nexus 7 32gb

Retired Devices:
HTC Rezound
HTC Droid Incredible

Sutko82
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 17
If I do full RUU then everything geys erased so I would have more space available. Right now most I have is 7gb without any back ups... I will try first option if I am not going to gain any space. Thank you!

badogg
Old
Thanks Meter 684
Quote:
If I do full RUU then everything geys erased so I would have more space available. Right now most I have is 7gb without any back ups... I will try first option if I am not going to gain any space. Thank you!

Someone else might know better, but I think if you do the factory reset it is going to wipe the phone as well. I think only difference is RUU requires you to relock your bootloader. I still had my unlock token so it was no biggie, but if you don't have yours then that might be a problem for you. LIke I said you might want to wait for someone to cofirm about weather it is going to wipe the phone regardless, I am pretty sure I remember that it does.
HTC Droid DNA
Google Nexus 7 32gb

Retired Devices:
HTC Rezound
HTC Droid Incredible

Sutko82
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 17
What stock rom am I supposed to flash and whatbis stock recovery. I am little rusty on these things. What would be the steps @badogg