Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,733,098 Members 46,843 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[APP][ROOT][CLOSED BETA][2.3+]Simple batterystats.bin wiper

Tip us?
 
alevineman
Old
#1  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Posts: 47
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Carmel
Battery Full [APP][ROOT][CLOSED BETA][2.3+]Simple batterystats.bin wiper

Disclaimer: If this app breaks your device, it is your fault for attempting to use this app. If this app does anything that is not expected, keep in mind that it is in beta, and YOU were the one who wanted to try it.

This app simply wipes your battery stats; it is very simple, just a TextView and a button. If there are any improvements to this app, feedback is allowed; it is in beta, after all. If you would like to be part of the closed beta, please send me a PM. This app will eventually cost money, yet I just want to have a beta so that I can get feedback.

Screenshots are in the attachments (taken from rooted Nook Tablet 1.4.3)
Send a PM if you want to try, and feel free to add suggestions and how to fix them; I will send the code with the app
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	14-02-07-2.png
Views:	1008
Size:	26.6 KB
ID:	2565878  
 
souler456
Old
#2  
souler456's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 63
Posts: 294
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: C:/Earth/Asia/Philippines/Laguna/Calamba
Quote:
Originally Posted by alevineman View Post
This app simply wipes your battery stats
Uhm... Trying not to be harsh here... but wiping than .bin file doesn't really do anything, AFAIK...

Well, maybe resetting then Battery Log Statistics (Settings - Battery), but other than that, I don't really get it why you have to do that...


Proud Samsung Galaxy S2 User

☆ My S2's Internal Organs☆


 


ROM: NeatROM v 5.9 by Sale(xx/xx)

Kernel: Apolo Kernel v4.10 (xx/xx)

V4A Settings: Stereo Headset Settings for the Poor ♪( ロ ๑)♪

☆ Wanna Delve Deeper? ☆

 
CPU Freq > 1GHz (xxxx)

GPU Freq > Apolo Default (xxxx)

Gov - I/O > PegasusQ - ROW


The Following User Says Thank You to souler456 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
alevineman
Old
(Last edited by alevineman; 8th February 2014 at 03:09 AM.)
#3  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Posts: 47
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Carmel
Quote:
Originally Posted by souler456 View Post
Uhm... Trying not to be harsh here... but wiping than .bin file doesn't really do anything, AFAIK...

Well, maybe resetting then Battery Log Statistics (Settings - Battery), but other than that, I don't really get it why you have to do that...
mah life is a lie

I heard this:

The battery indicator in the status/notification bar is a reflection of the batterystats.bin file in the data/system/ directory.
 
Listy2021
Old
#4  
Listy2021's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 270
Posts: 403
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Middlesbrough
Quote:
Originally Posted by alevineman View Post
Disclaimer: If this app breaks your device, it is your fault for attempting to use this app. If this app does anything that is not expected, keep in mind that it is in beta, and YOU were the one who wanted to try it.

This app simply wipes your battery stats; it is very simple, just a TextView and a button. If there are any improvements to this app, feedback is allowed; it is in beta, after all. If you would like to be part of the closed beta, please send me a PM. This app will eventually cost money, yet I just want to have a beta so that I can get feedback.

Screenshots are in the attachments (taken from rooted Nook Tablet 1.4.3)
Send a PM if you want to try, and feel free to add suggestions and how to fix them; I will send the code with the app


http://www.xda-developers.com/androi...-battery-life/

"It has no impact on the current battery level shown to you.

It has no impact on your battery life."


Does literally nothing of worth
 
Jonnyredcorn
Old
#5  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 256
Posts: 2,038
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Southgate
Lol you're gonna charge for this?

Sent from my Nexus 7 running Kangakat powered by elementalX
 
souler456
Old
#6  
souler456's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 63
Posts: 294
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: C:/Earth/Asia/Philippines/Laguna/Calamba
Quote:
Originally Posted by alevineman View Post
mah life is a lie

I heard this:

The battery indicator in the status/notification bar is a reflection of the batterystats.bin file in the data/system/ directory.
Read here to open your eyes for the whole truth


Proud Samsung Galaxy S2 User

☆ My S2's Internal Organs☆


 


ROM: NeatROM v 5.9 by Sale(xx/xx)

Kernel: Apolo Kernel v4.10 (xx/xx)

V4A Settings: Stereo Headset Settings for the Poor ♪( ロ ๑)♪

☆ Wanna Delve Deeper? ☆

 
CPU Freq > 1GHz (xxxx)

GPU Freq > Apolo Default (xxxx)

Gov - I/O > PegasusQ - ROW


The Following User Says Thank You to souler456 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
LiquidSolstice
Old
#7  
LiquidSolstice's Avatar
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 4363
Posts: 4,563
Join Date: Jan 2008
Come on, guys. The file is literally called batterystats.bin. What did you possibly think it was?
 
Jonnyredcorn
Old
(Last edited by Jonnyredcorn; 8th February 2014 at 05:09 AM.)
#8  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 256
Posts: 2,038
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Southgate
The battery bin file only stores stats about what's used you're battery

Tags
app, batterystats.bin, wipe battery stats
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


XDA PORTAL POSTS

Benchmark Your CPU Performance with Mini CPU Integer Script

When it comes to device testing, there are two types of people on XDA. The first … more

Rid Yourself of Charging Annoyances with No Wake on Charge Xposed Module

Almost every OEM has skinned and otherwise modifiedAndroid to suit … more