Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,780,114 Members 38,252 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] ROM with Snote functionality

Tip us?

blakjak220
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11
Question [Q] ROM with Snote functionality

Ok... if all you have to say is.. "Why didn't you search this?" or "Not another post about this." or "The best ROM is the one that YOU like, so just try them all"... then just save your time and move along, really, I'm not a noob, I've tried ROMs, I want some personal recommendations that meet specific needs...

Having said that, I have searched around, I've read through a bunch of ROM threads and tried 2 different ones... I'm in a hurry and need a few solid recommendations from the peeps...

I need a good solid/stable ROM WITH S-Note (I use it a ton at work and I just can't live without it right now, which is also the reason I'm in a hurry and can't afford to have days on end with only a semi-functional phone while testing different ROMs)... Also, I've tried one of the Note 3 ROMs that had the newest S-Note version and tried all sorts of things but couldn't get my old notes to work on the new S-Note app.

I just need something relatively new, fast, stable and with S-Note. I like themeing and add-on options and cool stuff so the more of that stuff the better.....

So... any ROMs with those requirements that you've used and are just crazy about?... Something you've been stuck on as a DD for while it's so good?

Thanks for the recommendations guys.. (I've been out of the ROM flashing thing for almost a year and just need a good place to start back)

Cheers,

Blakjak

dicksteele
Old
Thanks Meter 1,264
Quote:
Originally Posted by blakjak220 View Post
Ok... if all you have to say is.. "Why didn't you search this?" or "Not another post about this." or "The best ROM is the one that YOU like, so just try them all"... then just save your time and move along, really, I'm not a noob, I've tried ROMs, I want some personal recommendations that meet specific needs...

Having said that, I have searched around, I've read through a bunch of ROM threads and tried 2 different ones... I'm in a hurry and need a few solid recommendations from the peeps...

I need a good solid/stable ROM WITH S-Note (I use it a ton at work and I just can't live without it right now, which is also the reason I'm in a hurry and can't afford to have days on end with only a semi-functional phone while testing different ROMs)... Also, I've tried one of the Note 3 ROMs that had the newest S-Note version and tried all sorts of things but couldn't get my old notes to work on the new S-Note app.

I just need something relatively new, fast, stable and with S-Note. I like themeing and add-on options and cool stuff so the more of that stuff the better.....

So... any ROMs with those requirements that you've used and are just crazy about?... Something you've been stuck on as a DD for while it's so good?

Thanks for the recommendations guys.. (I've been out of the ROM flashing thing for almost a year and just need a good place to start back)

Cheers,

Blakjak
Sounds like you're be better off keeping it safe with a rooted stock ROM
AT&T UCUBMK6 i317 *Deodexed* Stock CWM Note 2
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2589891

Then load Xposed Frameworks
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1574401

Then check out the modules
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2327541

And see how you want to tweak/mod yourself.

The way I got Snote3 to work with old Notes was accidental. I signed into my Samsung account where I had them synced. It popped up asking if I wanted to import them, and it worked.
"I suppose you could say that everyone has an El Guapo. For some, shyness may be an El Guapo. For others, lack of education may be an El Guapo. But for us, El Guapo is a large ugly man who wants to kill us!" But as sure as my name is Lucky Day, the people of Santa Poco can conquer their own personal El Guapo, who also happens to be *the actual* El Guapo! 3 Amigos
The Following User Says Thank You to dicksteele For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

blakjak220
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11
Thanks for the ideas.... I'm running Jedix20 right now and it seems to be pretty good but I'm gonna give the Xposed framework a try.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using xda app-developers app

gregsarg
Old
Thanks Meter 3,508
Quote:
Originally Posted by blakjak220 View Post
Thanks for the ideas.... I'm running Jedix20 right now and it seems to be pretty good but I'm gonna give the Xposed framework a try.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using xda app-developers app
You'll like xposed...
The flexibility and shear amount of modification available is astounding...
Please report back if you would...and let us hear your success story ...

TY...g

Sent from my NOTE 2.750...
Courtesy of our amazing developers...
" There are Givers, and there are Takers. Be a Giver, and these things will come back to you. "......................g

And please, donate to your favorite developer...
Without them, we'd be writing on rocks with a stick...g