Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,846 Members 37,550 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Need to wait a while for the screen to turn on

Tip us?

LGaljo
Old
Thanks Meter 100

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuncay_93 View Post
This is probably some wake/lock problem with software. Also on my o2x i've noticed strange lag when i press the power key it has lag until the screen comes on buttons below the screen light and after a couple of seconds the screen. It has 4.3 CM rom there if your father is using this phone i would suggest you some stock based rom with custom kernel. They should not have problems like these.
That still the best sollution for him - optimized kernel with stable ROM. He probably isn't techno freak?
Sony Ericson k530i -lost
Samsung SGH-J700 -broken
Samsung GT-S5600 -broken
Nokia x2-00 -still working
Samsung Galaxy 5 -still working, where all starts
LG Optimus 4X HD -currently daily driver

Pawelss
Old
(Last edited by Pawelss; 7th February 2014 at 11:08 PM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuncay_93 View Post
This is probably some wake/lock problem with software. Also on my o2x i've noticed strange lag when i press the power key it has lag until the screen comes on buttons below the screen light and after a couple of seconds the screen. It has 4.3 CM rom there if your father is using this phone i would suggest you some stock based rom with custom kernel. They should not have problems like these.
could be, however, it isnt only for the power button, when the screen is off and a call is coming, it needs a few seconds for the screen to turn on, after the call is done, the system is all choppy and laggy. Turning the screen off after that is also nearly impossible, due to power button malfunction. I went back to stock for now and I'll see if the lag is gone, if it isnt, then its probably a hardware issue.

edit:
yeah, I'm on stock 4.1.2 and the issue isnt gone.
crap.

Rudjgaard
Old
Thanks Meter 531
sounds like a problem in the timing the processor uses for scaling frequencies...
hav no idea what could be causing it unless you have some kernel tweak app and set wrong values
Xperia Active ST17i
Rom: ParanoidAndroid
Kernel: LupusJB

LG Optimus 4X HD
Rom: PACman
Kernel: MoKee

Ottonet
Old
Thanks Meter 144

DONATE TO ME
Have you tried clean flashing the Roms you installed? Have you Factory-Reset, Cleared cache, cleared Dalvik cache, and maybe did a system partition format before flashing?

Inviato dal mio GT-P3110 utilizzando Tapatalk