Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,813,079 Members 54,506 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] S4 / can I downgrade?

Tip us?

wavemaster00
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Default [Q] S4 / can I downgrade?

I have a S4 on MK2 on AT&T

The fact that I am stuck on TW is depressing. And to top things off AT&T has disabled WIFI tethering, which I was using occasionally.

Is it possible to ODIN back to stock and the firmware the phone came with a year ago?

Is it correct that the originally firmware would allow me to flash Cyanogen / Task etc?

What firmware do I need to get? I understand MF3 is also bad?

HiTideBlastoise
Old
Thanks Meter 31
You cannot downgrade.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to HiTideBlastoise For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

DeadlySin9
Old
Thanks Meter 626

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by wavemaster00 View Post
I have a S4 on MK2 on AT&T

The fact that I am stuck on TW is depressing. And to top things off AT&T has disabled WIFI tethering, which I was using occasionally.

Is it possible to ODIN back to stock and the firmware the phone came with a year ago?

Is it correct that the originally firmware would allow me to flash Cyanogen / Task etc?

What firmware do I need to get? I understand MF3 is also bad?
As stated above, you can't downgrade. You can enable tethering by the thread in the general section and use Safestrap to change to other TW ROMs like Foxhound which has AOSP theming.

Sent from Black<3's I337 running Hyperdrive
Current Device: ATT Samsung Galaxy S4 (i337)

Past Devices:
Droid Bionic (GSM Hacked)
HTC Inspire 4G (Desire HD)
Nexus One
Motorola Backflip
HTC Dev Phone 1 (Dream/G1)
The Following User Says Thank You to DeadlySin9 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

fffft
Old
Thanks Meter 420
You could only downgrade from 4.3 if you were using the leaked 4.3 ROM with the MJB bootloader. The official OTA 4.3 updates cannot be downgraded as Samsung blew a "qfuse" with this major (4.3) update preventing reversion of the bootloader.

However, you can change or downgrade the actual ROM filesystem, provided that you keep your MK2 boot loader in place. That means that you can't revert to a pre 4.3 stock ROM but you can use custom ROMs that are 99% stock while restoring the functionality that you'd like to restore.