No registration required

HELP!

OP bogii4

8th February 2014, 09:57 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 23

219 posts
More
So.. My n7 was working perfectly fine 2 days ago as of yesterday it became useless.. It stared the other morning when I noticed the touchscreen not responding I had enabled the 'show touches' it only worked like 2 inches from the right side and sligly on the edges of the left everything else dead I tried with a pen cleaning the display turning it off nothing,in recovery same thing can't even install or wipe I also noticed the power button if I press it display won't turn off but if I hold it the power menu pops up?!I HAVEN'T FLASHED ANYTHING! NOR INSTALLED APPS AT ALL! Didn't have wifi
So day 2 I had turned it off hoping that when I turn it on magic would happen and it would be fine instead the entire touchscreen is completely dead..not a single spot worked..how the hell can this even happen??!
So..the way I see it its not software side.. So what are my options its running multirom with 2 android 1 Ubuntu so would i have to pay to get it fixed because I have rooted it installed bouch of stuff and supposing I caused the problem WHICH I DIDNT ..
Any ideas..

Sent from my GT-I8160 using xda app-developers app
8th February 2014, 10:14 AM   |  #2  
Flag Belfast
Thanks Meter: 844

2,720 posts
More
The digitizer is broken, return it.

Boot into fastboot and fastboot flash the stock image beforehand, you don't need a working touchscreen for this.
8th February 2014, 10:39 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 4

72 posts
Yup return it for exchange, hardware issues are very hard to deal with

Nam Huy Linux Blog namhuy.net
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread