Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,778,438 Members 43,399 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

HELP!

Tip us?

bogii4
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 23
Default HELP!

So.. My n7 was working perfectly fine 2 days ago as of yesterday it became useless.. It stared the other morning when I noticed the touchscreen not responding I had enabled the 'show touches' it only worked like 2 inches from the right side and sligly on the edges of the left everything else dead I tried with a pen cleaning the display turning it off nothing,in recovery same thing can't even install or wipe I also noticed the power button if I press it display won't turn off but if I hold it the power menu pops up?!I HAVEN'T FLASHED ANYTHING! NOR INSTALLED APPS AT ALL! Didn't have wifi
So day 2 I had turned it off hoping that when I turn it on magic would happen and it would be fine instead the entire touchscreen is completely dead..not a single spot worked..how the hell can this even happen??!
So..the way I see it its not software side.. So what are my options its running multirom with 2 android 1 Ubuntu so would i have to pay to get it fixed because I have rooted it installed bouch of stuff and supposing I caused the problem WHICH I DIDNT ..
Any ideas..

Sent from my GT-I8160 using xda app-developers app
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Michealtbh
Old
Thanks Meter 841
The digitizer is broken, return it.

Boot into fastboot and fastboot flash the stock image beforehand, you don't need a working touchscreen for this.

namhuy
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Yup return it for exchange, hardware issues are very hard to deal with

Nam Huy Linux Blog namhuy.net