Tip us?

GSLEON3
Old
Retired Senior Moderator
Thanks Meter 1141

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Android Cowboy View Post
Thanks. I'll work on getting ADB to recognize for now.
Are you using ADB from the Android SDK folder? I have found that after a soft brick, you can only use the LATEST ADB version from the SDK folder. Using the old ones you've grabbed & thrown into other folders, will not work. I went through the same thing, tried EVERYTHING & NOTHING worked. Until I used the latest Android SDK version of ADB, straight from the tools folder.
Ingress Resistance - Rainbow6

Click HERE to buy me a cheeseburger if I helped you! Or even better, find a charity or local family fighting childhood cancer & help out however you can!

A brief & incomplete timeline of my love affair with mobile technology:

The Following User Says Thank You to GSLEON3 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Android Cowboy
Old
Thanks Meter 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by srmccoy View Post
I can somewhat agree. The BFS kernel in v32 is/was fast and smooth. Was the gps issue the flaw in that kernel? Mine works fine in v32.

Sent from my FroyoEris using XDA App
I updated the Android ADB to latest version and still doesn't work from SD. My fastboot cable should be here today. Will see what that does.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

GSLEON3
Old
Retired Senior Moderator
Thanks Meter 1141

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
I updated the Android ADB to latest version and still doesn't work from SD. My fastboot cable should be here today. Will see what that does.

That's odd. I was able to get ADB working after being the first to lose it soft brick. It does ONLY work in the Android tools folder from my SDK directory now. So I was able to push the System folder from the update bin & then just reset so the permissions were corrected on factory reset/boot.

The factory fastboot cable is, well, let's say odd. It doesn't want to recognize some commands, even flagged as fastboot -i xxxxx. Maybe they went standard fastboot commands, no flags, but they sure wouldn't let me flash a modified insecure kernel.

On the good side, it seems like adb being turned on survives the reset once you root & rw the system partition. Hopefully you can get it to work, I thought for sure I was toast a few times already.
Ingress Resistance - Rainbow6

Click HERE to buy me a cheeseburger if I helped you! Or even better, find a charity or local family fighting childhood cancer & help out however you can!

A brief & incomplete timeline of my love affair with mobile technology:

Android Cowboy
Old
Thanks Meter 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSLEON3 View Post
That's odd. I was able to get ADB working after being the first to lose it soft brick. It does ONLY work in the Android tools folder from my SDK directory now. So I was able to push the System folder from the update bin & then just reset so the permissions were corrected on factory reset/boot.

The factory fastboot cable is, well, let's say odd. It doesn't want to recognize some commands, even flagged as fastboot -i xxxxx. Maybe they went standard fastboot commands, no flags, but they sure wouldn't let me flash a modified insecure kernel.

On the good side, it seems like adb being turned on survives the reset once you root & rw the system partition. Hopefully you can get it to work, I thought for sure I was toast a few times already.
Let me be more specific. After I bricked I still had ADB working. But I had read on forum that factory reset could fix brick. I stupidly went into recovery and factory reset. After that the device would not get recognized in anyway. That's why I wrote that post for do not factory reset. I should have just not factory reset and tried something similar to you. I had only messed with build.prop and should have just tried to push a new one to overwrite the old one. I guess I learned this time.

Moronig
Old
Thanks Meter 193

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSLEON3 View Post

GSLEON3, can you post more specifics? Are you using windows or linux? Did your computer event recognize the usb device as plugged in, even when trying to use the adb outside the SDK directory? With mine I get no notice at all on windows that a USB device is plugged in, either on the start of boot, or on recovery. On linux, I get no message at all about it being plugged in on dmesg.
Find my apps: AutoProxy

Moronig
Old
Thanks Meter 193

DONATE TO ME
Default working factory cable

Quote:

I got my factory cable working, and was able to get the device recognized as "Qualcomm USB modem converter"

I opened a thread about it, any help is appreciated!
Find my apps: AutoProxy

chen1911
Old
(Last edited by chen1911; 8th February 2014 at 11:22 AM.) Reason: Add some comment
Thanks Meter 1
Info 2 I bricked my HDX also and after execute factory default , it seems totally bricked

Quote:
Let me be more specific. After I bricked I still had ADB working. But I had read on forum that factory reset could fix brick. I stupidly went into recovery and factory reset. After that the device would not get recognized in anyway. That's why I wrote that post for do not factory reset. I should have just not factory reset and tried something similar to you. I had only messed with build.prop and should have just tried to push a new one to overwrite the old one. I guess I learned this time.
My device was in boot loop status. I am a stupid person too here, I did " factory default" .then it shows "Kindle Fire" in mono color (File attached) and screen becomes blank. now adb can't recognize the device any more. Hope you can find any clue to help on this. My OS is Windows 7 /64 bit. Just wondering , why the forum does not have step-by-step recovery for the stupid guy like me.
Have to say Thanks to GSLEON3, he is always kindly provide us many valuable information and solution.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2014-02-08 19.06.57.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	102.2 KB
ID:	2566472  

The Following User Says Thank You to chen1911 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]