Update Center

Search This thread

bloodsuckingcomputer

Dec 11, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
I have a habit of uninstalling most of sony app right on the first moment I see it, and recently, after I updated my Z to 4.3,as usual, I straight away uninstall all the sony's app.And today I read somewhere saying that there is an update for bluetooth problem that persist the 4.3 Z.And I want to install that.But my update center app is already gone. I tried installing it back using my titanium backup but fail, probably because that was the one from 4.2.2.Tried decompiling the whole 4.3 ftf and install it as normal apk also fail.Now, I need an advice of how to get it back in?

Thanks in advance.

Hellscythe

Sep 8, 2012
straya kienttt
I have a habit of uninstalling most of sony app right on the first moment I see it, and recently, after I updated my Z to 4.3,as usual, I straight away uninstall all the sony's app.And today I read somewhere saying that there is an update for bluetooth problem that persist the 4.3 Z.And I want to install that.But my update center app is already gone. I tried installing it back using my titanium backup but fail, probably because that was the one from 4.2.2.Tried decompiling the whole 4.3 ftf and install it as normal apk also fail.Now, I need an advice of how to get it back in?

Thanks in advance.

wait wtf. i cant uninstall update centre on my Z..

elias234

Dec 3, 2011

Thanks in advance.

after decompiling the whole 4.3 ftf , take the apk of update center and place it in system/app and set right permissions (rw-r-r) ,reboot device , it should work

bloodsuckingcomputer

Dec 11, 2011
Kuala Lumpur

Titanium Backup my friend, root needed(I am very sure you have that),and you can pretty much uninstall anything until there is nothing left.Be careful with it.Try and look for a list of safe app to uninstall, or you could mess it up pretty bad.I am, however, envy the amount of thanks given to you, and unbelievably, you don't know that it is possible uninstall those apps.In my phone, there is like nothing left from sony stock app except walkman.

Glad I could help.:)

kingvortex

Mar 25, 2010
It's quite likely that an OTA update will fail if you have removed apps from /system/app as they usually include a check of /system before proceeding with the update.
You will probably have to update via PC companion or Flashtool.

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

Hellscythe

Sep 8, 2012
straya kienttt
Titanium Backup my friend, root needed(I am very sure you have that),and you can pretty much uninstall anything until there is nothing left.Be careful with it.Try and look for a list of safe app to uninstall, or you could mess it up pretty bad.I am, however, envy the amount of thanks given to you, and unbelievably, you don't know that it is possible uninstall those apps.In my phone, there is like nothing left from sony stock app except walkman.

thats sort of the risky thing about uninstalling system apps, you have to be 100percent certain or it could take a bit of effort to restore it haha
usually what i do is i just go into settings>apps and disable the system apps i don't want.

bloodsuckingcomputer

Dec 11, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
It's quite likely that an OTA update will fail if you have removed apps from /system/app as they usually include a check of /system before proceeding with the update.

Completely forgotten, it is true, to think about it again, I have never been able to get ota updates. I feel damn stupid now. :)

Hellscythe

Sep 8, 2012
straya kienttt
Completely forgotten, it is true, to think about it again, I have never been able to get ota updates. I feel damn stupid now. :)

everyone makes mistakes, dont worry too much
just remember, the device maker doesn't allow people to do some things for a reason, so before you think of finding a way around it, you should think of the consequences and what might go wrong :)

bloodsuckingcomputer

Dec 11, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
just remember, the device maker doesn't allow people to do some things for a reason, so before you think of finding a way around it, you should think of the consequences and what might go wrong :)

Rings true to it. But that would never change my thought of xperia home is damn sluggish. Hate that piece of crap. Don't deserve to be inside my phone. Better off freeing some space for something else in my opinion. But, opinion is like an asshole, everyone have one :)

Reactions: Hellscythe

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks in advance.

after decompiling the whole 4.3 ftf , take the apk of update center and place it in system/app and set right permissions (rw-r-r) ,reboot device , it should work

thats sort of the risky thing about uninstalling system apps, you have to be 100percent certain or it could take a bit of effort to restore it haha
    usually what i do is i just go into settings>apps and disable the system apps i don't want.