Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,778,591 Members 36,428 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

10" Tablet with sim card

Tip us?

Milamber
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 126
Default 10" Tablet with sim card

Hey guys

Not sure where to post this, so feel free to report and move.

I am after a 10" tablet with Android O/S that has SIM card option, the purpose of the Tablet is for Google Maps only. I had a ASUS Transformer and the GPS was so bad I took it back (read reports of aluminium back causing problem).

The reason I am after a SIM card option, is to improve the GPS location; I currently have a Samsung S4 phone too.

Any help is appreciated.

AFarenci
Old
(Last edited by AFarenci; 3rd February 2014 at 07:58 PM.) Reason: Moved
Thanks Meter 2
Default Looking for Tablet Recommendation

As I was looking at the ASUS Transformer, I'll post my query her rather than start a new thread.

My ViewSonic gTablet finally died and I'm looking for a new 10" Tablet. The gTablet certainly had it's issues, but I liked it well enough once I found the right ROM. I'd like to know what the community would recommend for me.

Let me start by saying I'm a bargain shopper, but I'd rather spend $500 on something good than $250 on junk. I really would like to keep this in the $250 range and at the moment I can't go over $350. (The 32GB Transformer can currently be found for the low $200s)
  • WiFi only. No data plan.
  • I need a front and rear camera, and they should work with Skype. (I can live with just the front working w/skype)
  • HDMI out is very important, but not a deal breaker.
  • Powerful video processor
  • GPS would be nice, not essential
  • Strong ROM support from XDA

Milamber explictly asks for a SIM card. Are there 10" tablets that wouldn't take one?

Thanks for any and all input,
Andy

Found the **DEVICE SUGGESTION THREAD** http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=50017528. Reposted question there.
The Following User Says Thank You to AFarenci For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mrsimpson321
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Have a look at the Samsung galaxy note 3g or lte as I have the late version and it is amazing.

Sent from my One using xda app-developers app

AFarenci
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsimpson321 View Post
Have a look at the Samsung galaxy note 3g or lte as I have the late version and it is amazing.

Sent from my One using xda app-developers app
That's a phone, not a 10 inch tablet.

Vit5000
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Check out the Lenovo S6000-H. We got one some month ago and it works quite fine.

androidkilla911
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Thumbs up how about note 10

Galaxy Note 10.1 3G & WiFi would be a perfect fit
The Following User Says Thank You to androidkilla911 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]