XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Input for going S-Off

Tip us?

drich66
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Default [Q] Input for going S-Off

Ive been S-On for years now with no issues, currently 2.09 and 3.15. Running Sense 5 Y10 with ElementalX Kernel. I was curious if there are any advantages to having the latest firmware which means going S-Off ?? Like I said, its running fine and snappy with no glitches, PRL updates, but with newer ROMS coming out, I dont know if it will conflict with my older firmware, Also if I do go S-Off, can I keep my current Sense 5 rom ? Thanks for any input, Im kind of old school and if it aint broke, dont fix it.

gstanke
Old
Thanks Meter 95
Going s-off as far as I can tell doesn't affect the rom. In my opinion it makes it a lot easier to flash the roms. The main reason I went s-off was to run the operation jellybean. I had to downgrade my touch panel. I'd you are hboot 2.09 I recommend rumrunner. It's quite simple to use but make sure your antivirus software is disabled or else it most likely will not work.

Sent from my EVO using xda app-developers app

PullTab
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Default easy

Eventually you will need to get the latest firmware so in fact you can use the newer builds. As well as mentioned above it makes it easier to flash the ROMs. To go s-off is a quick and easy process. I'm running omni kit kat and its smooth as butter...