5,597,261 Members 40,754 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Moto Atrix HD Large Display?

Tip us?

fastvan67
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Question [Q] Moto Atrix HD Large Display?

Hey People! I have searched around and have not found what I am after. Don't mean its not there, I just haven't found it...

Anyway, is there a theme or flash I could use to make the main screen icons larger and the dial pad larger?

Reason I am asking is because my mother-in-law wants to have my motorola. But she can't see very well.. Reason for the larger buttons. All I would like to have on it would be a clock, contacts and a dial pad.

Is there any such thing available? If not, is anyone available to make it happen?

Thanks

palmbeach05
Old
Thanks Meter 453
Adjust the settings in build.prop?

Sent from my MB886 using xda app-developers app

fastvan67
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
How do i do that?

channeledbymodem
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Nova launcher free can make the home screen icons larger.

Sent from my MB886 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to channeledbymodem For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

devilsking
Old
(Last edited by devilsking; 6th February 2014 at 04:12 AM.)
Recognized Themer
Thanks Meter 955

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastvan67 View Post
Hey People! I have searched around and have not found what I am after. Don't mean its not there, I just haven't found it...

Anyway, is there a theme or flash I could use to make the main screen icons larger and the dial pad larger?

Reason I am asking is because my mother-in-law wants to have my motorola. But she can't see very well.. Reason for the larger buttons. All I would like to have on it would be a clock, contacts and a dial pad.

Is there any such thing available? If not, is anyone available to make it happen?

Thanks
About icon, follow @channeledbymodem's idea
About text, AHD has option to make text larger under Accessibility. You can use magnification gesture too to zoom screen.
About dialer, I tried to search on google and found some big dialer pad but it may be fine if you dont mind about its appearance. In my perspective, it's really ugly

Hope it helps you.
BR,

DK

Edit: checked and I saw that magnification gesture can help to zoom the dialer pad and other areas too ( clock, contacts,..etc)
♬ Developer/Themer @ The Myth Team ♬

www.TheMythTeam.com

Supported Devices: Galaxy Ace, Galaxy GIO, Galaxy SII, Nexus 7, Atrix HD
The Following User Says Thank You to devilsking For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

fastvan67
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Got it! Thanks guys!

TheJeremyWhite
Old
Thanks Meter 27
Default Editing build.prop

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastvan67 View Post
Got it! Thanks guys!
If you decide to edit the build.prop file you MUST BE ROOTED. It is located @ /system/build.prop It's at the bottom of the list in the directory usually. Once opened (with the File Manager of your choice - I prefer Root Browser - or Build Prop Editor - both available @ the Play Store) scroll to the end of the file and look for "ro.sf.lcd_density=300" Sometimes it's 320. Change that number to something like 400, (450 is about the max you'd want to go before you run into issues with dialog boxes being so large that you cannot select the "done","okay" or "save" button) save and reboot your device. Voila, everything is larger (except the dial pad for some reason - but, there was a suggestion in an above post for an aftermarket dial pad with large keys.

Here are a few screenshots:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-02-07-23-14-16.png
Views:	30
Size:	124.7 KB
ID:	2566187   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-02-07-23-15-03.png
Views:	27
Size:	93.6 KB
ID:	2566188  
One man's Brick is another man's weekend project, I Love This Sh*t!
Phone: Xperia Z1 c6906 (Bell Canada), KitKat 4.4.2 , Locked Bootloader , Rooted, Z1-lockeddualrecovery2.7.95-BETA, PurePerfomanceX, XLoud, Xposed Framework
Tablet: Nook HD+ 32Gb, CWM 6.0.4.5, KitKat 4.4.2 cm-11-20140201-NIGHTLY-ovation, PurePerformanceX
PC: Win 8.1 Pro, ASUS MB, i7-3770k Overclocked to 5Ghz, Corsair H100i Water Cooled, 32Gb RAM, Dual GeForce GTX 295 GPU's

fastvan67
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Yea I rooted the phone months ago. even has 4.1.1

I used nova and it did exactly what I wanted. You guys are Great!