Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,310 Members 45,212 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Moto G vs RAZR i

Tip us?

xiaokai
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2

DONATE TO ME
Question [Q] Moto G vs RAZR i

Hi All

I currently have (HAD: to give it away) a Motorola RAZR i with Intel Inside.
I love the phone, its fast, i like that i has NFC and i like that it has a slot for MicroSD.
I understand that the NFC and the MicroSD is not available on the Moto G.
However i like the fact that the Moto G will have KitKat.

I bought the Razr i for 130 pounds, now i can not buy it again for that price, i only find it for 200.
So my option is buy a Moto G or spend 50 more and buy the RAZRi again.

Cant make my mind up Help?

Thanks

Xiao
Nokia 1800 > Motorola Defy+ > Samsung Galaxy S2 > Asus Fonepad > Motorola RAZR i > Moto G 16GB

creambyemute
Old
Thanks Meter 3
I never had a Razr i so I can't help compare them.

But do you have a chance to somehow test the moto g (friend, in a store?). I think that wouls be the best for you to experience which phone you prefer.

Generally to say, I love the battery life, speed, everything about the moto g (also have a n4 and n5). The camera is okay.
And I don't need more than 16gb at all so I don't care about the lack of sdcard slot.
The Following User Says Thank You to creambyemute For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

2hipso
Old
Thanks Meter 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by creambyemute View Post
I never had a Razr i so I can't help compare them.

But do you have a chance to somehow test the moto g (friend, in a store?). I think that wouls be the best for you to experience which phone you prefer.

Generally to say, I love the battery life, speed, everything about the moto g (also have a n4 and n5). The camera is okay.
And I don't need more than 16gb at all so I don't care about the lack of sdcard slot.
I must agree, love Moto G smoothness, love that motorla support for this phone, love that battery and I also don't need SD slot.

I had Razr (not Razr i) and it was little laggy. And that battery there, I hate it. The good thing is I bought one year old Razr for 140€ and 6 months later I traded it to almost new Moto G (that costs 199€) so I wins with Moto G

One thing I miss is camera. Yes, it doesn't make the best pictures, but it does take some pictures when you need and thats okay.

Moto G will learn you that even the small things can do big miracles

Motorola Moto G - 8GB (not rooted) | System version: Retail.en.DE | Android version: 4.4.2 KitKat
If my post was helpful, just hit the THANKS button
The Following User Says Thank You to 2hipso For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

shaftenberg
Old
Thanks Meter 688
Had (have) the RARZi and bought Moto G just for curiosity, I never switched RZi on again besides for some camera comparisons, in which MG won massively in low light.
Performance wise it is black and white: The Intel Atom is very snappy, databases (SMS) open up slightly faster on RZi than on MG, but the overall performance goes to MG. Battery runtime is about the same, 2-3 days is easy.
Personally I like the AMOLED of RZi, but I got used to LCD in 2 days and now I really enjoy that fabulous display on MG. Brighter, sharper, sunlight readable. WIFI and GPS works hands down better on MG.
In palm of the hand the RZi is edgy and sharp, MG soft and smooth, I like that. Never missed the SD card (I hated it on RZi, because I always searched my files on the wrong place, internal, external, blah), same for NFC - I don't use it. Sound quality is Motorola like very good on both phones.

If I must buy a new phone right now: Moto G, no doubt.
That is my subjective opinion but I hope this helps.
The Following User Says Thank You to shaftenberg For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

xiaokai
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2

DONATE TO ME
Thanks shaftenberg
Nokia 1800 > Motorola Defy+ > Samsung Galaxy S2 > Asus Fonepad > Motorola RAZR i > Moto G 16GB

AndroidInsanity
Old
Thanks Meter 246

DONATE TO ME
Think I am gonna switch to razr I. I love amoled screens . I miss NFC and need a decent camera for daylight shots. Moto G one just doesn't cut it for me. Great phone though

Sent from my XT1032 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Top reliable phones I have had: HTC One. LG G2, Nexus 4, Note 2, Nokia 5800, Motorola RAZR V3X, Motorola RAZR i, Nexus 5 Had many more, but these devices were the best IMO.

Current Phone: HTC One M8

Press THANKS if i helped you, it's nice knowing when you have helped somebody out
The Following User Says Thank You to AndroidInsanity For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

techguyone
Old
Thanks Meter 66
The Razr i is also like what 2 years old?
Did it even get JB, it is old tech now really, my wife had one, it was alright, but I'd go moto G personally.
Voice of reason. Mind of a maniac.

The Following User Says Thank You to techguyone For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

FelipeBHZ
Old
Thanks Meter 17
I have a Razr i and i really loved it since the first day of use, but, I will switch from it to Moto G this next week.

I checked this phone on some stores and friends, the speed is amazing. Fantastic speed, no lags, LCD is really nice and I think it is much better than my Razr's amoled (question of personal opinion).

So, I would go for Moto G.

Sent from my XT916 using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to FelipeBHZ For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

joel_sinbad
Old
Thanks Meter 47

DONATE TO ME
I loved the RAZR i, I had one 1 year ago and it was fast, unfortunately it lacked dev support and its stuck with Android 4.1.2, but it was a great phone, the lags were very rare, just... it lacked the Moto Love...
The Following User Says Thank You to joel_sinbad For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

xiaokai
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by joel_sinbad View Post
I loved the RAZR i, I had one 1 year ago and it was fast, unfortunately it lacked dev support and its stuck with Android 4.1.2, but it was a great phone, the lags were very rare, just... it lacked the Moto Love...
Thanks everyone

I bought the Moto G 16GB today.