XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

is it possible for hyperdrive rom to corrupt stock rom

Tip us?

spinninbsod
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 37
Default is it possible for hyperdrive rom to corrupt stock rom

i just wanted to know if it were possible for hyperdrive in rom slot 1 to corrupt the stock rom on in the stock rom slot btw hyperdrive really runs great hopefully we can get an unlocked bootloader soon hashcode really does good work we wouldnt have safestrap without him

spinninbsod
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by spinninbsod View Post
i just wanted to know if it were possible for hyperdrive in rom slot 1 to corrupt the stock rom on in the stock rom slot btw hyperdrive really runs great hopefully we can get an unlocked bootloader soon hashcode really does good work we wouldnt have safestrap without him
oh another question im wanting to return my s4 but i rooted it i install wanam xposed and it gives it a stock status but when uninstalled it and got rid of root it went back to custom status is it safe to wipe data and stuff through stock recovery or will it brick it and how can i get rid of root and keep stock status

k1mu
Old
Thanks Meter 1239

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Yes. Since you're rooted, there's nothing stopping you from mounting the stock ROM and changing things.
If you're not messing around, and don't mistakenly flash something over stock, it's not likely to be altered, so nothing to worry about.

---------- Post added at 10:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:03 AM ----------

Quote:
oh another question im wanting to return my s4 but i rooted it i install wanam xposed and it gives it a stock status but when uninstalled it and got rid of root it went back to custom status is it safe to wipe data and stuff through stock recovery or will it brick it and how can i get rid of root and keep stock status
You want root? OK, so you just changed your phone by adding su. It's custom. The scanner that Samsung uses to detect a modified phone sees that and sets the "Custom" flag.

If you don't want Custom to show up, uninstall Safestrap, unroot, and perhaps flash a stock ROM. You won't be rooted, but won't show as Custom any more.

Your choice.
My Android devices:
vzw Samsung Galaxy S4 stock MJ7, now rooted!
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1, also stock but rooted.

VZ Droid Incredible 2 rooted but otherwise stock.
Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1