[Q] How to Root Samsung Galaxy S 4G and Install Jelly Bean 4.3 (CyanoGenMod)

Search This thread

MeetooC

Feb 8, 2014
Hi Guys,

I am an IT person, but totally new to Android. I am having Samsung Galaxy S 4G (T959v) running GingerBread (2.3.6).

I had upgraded from Froyo to GingerBread using Kies mini... and since that I am facing a lot of issues running... like slow responsiveness, phone hangs, some times unable to make calls, very high RAM usage etc...

So to fix these issues, I am thinking to install custom ROM (Jelly Bean 4.3 - CyanogenMod 10.2). But I don't know how to do that.

What I read on thread is it first needs to ROOT the device, but I am not sure how to ROOT the device.

Please help me to ROOT the device in easy steps and install custom ROM.. (Off course without bricking my device :))

Thanks.

lumin30

Oct 19, 2011
Look at the second link in my signature. Instead of flashing the whole package just flash AntonX's kernel. Read the first couple of posts in the Heimdal thread and you will hopefully know what I am referring to.

From there, follow the directions in the OP of the ROM thread that you would like to flash. The OP will also tell you what works and does not work for that ROM.

Last edited:
Reactions: MeetooC

bhundven

Inactive Recognized Developer
Hi Guys,

I am an IT person, but totally new to Android. I am having Samsung Galaxy S 4G (T959v) running GingerBread (2.3.6).

I had upgraded from Froyo to GingerBread using Kies mini... and since that I am facing a lot of issues running... like slow responsiveness, phone hangs, some times unable to make calls, very high RAM usage etc...

So to fix these issues, I am thinking to install custom ROM (Jelly Bean 4.3 - CyanogenMod 10.2). But I don't know how to do that.

What I read on thread is it first needs to ROOT the device, but I am not sure how to ROOT the device.

Please help me to ROOT the device in easy steps and install custom ROM.. (Off course without bricking my device :))

Thanks.

You can find the Wiki, FAQ, lumin30's guide, and more here.

Like I said before, you have to search and read.

Reactions: MeetooC

MeetooC

Feb 8, 2014
Thanks guys for all info and help.

I flashed cyanogenmod 9... it's working...

I liked the new experience (I am coming from stock GB) ... Trying out the stuff now...

thanks again!!!

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Look at the second link in my signature. Instead of flashing the whole package just flash AntonX's kernel. Read the first couple of posts in the Heimdal thread and you will hopefully know what I am referring to.

From there, follow the directions in the OP of the ROM thread that you would like to flash. The OP will also tell you what works and does not work for that ROM.
    I would suggest making a backup copy of your efs folder for the just in case..
    Hi Guys,

Thanks.

You can find the Wiki, FAQ, lumin30's guide, and more here.

Like I said before, you have to search and read.