My Note 3 Charging port doesn't pick up anything (PC or wall outlet)

Search This thread

FlashNAND

Jan 27, 2014
Just yesterday my charging port was working 100%. Before I went to sleep I plugged my phone in for charging and then nothing happened. I would have to wiggle it around and hold it in a certain position for it to get a charge but after a couple seconds it would stop charging. Now it just doesn't do anything when I plug in the charger.

Info on my note 3:
-rooted
-KNOX 0x1
-custom ROM (xNote 8.0, amazing rom btw)
-stock kitkat NA6 kernel from the xnote rom

What I have already done to resolve the problem:
-redownloaded the stock kitkat kernel from a zip file on my ex. sd card
-removed battery for the whole night and just tried it this morning, nothing
-removed sim and ex. sd card and still nothing.

also when I turn off my phone and keep the charging port plugged in the screen would flash white in the middle of the screen for a dozen seconds then boot into recovery itself for some reason.

I dont know if my charging port is broken or if my battery is faulty, but i highly doubt that its my battery because it was just working a couple days ago, and i have rooted and tripped KNOX about 2-3 months ago i believe.

I live in canada and I have the canadian model, snapdragon 800. I also bought the costco 2 year extended warranty so im not sure if they check KNOX before they fix charging ports or something.

Any help is appreciated. my battery is about 10% right now.

Last edited:

Dahdoul

Sep 7, 2013
Just yesterday my charging port was working 100%. Before I went to sleep I plugged my phone in for charging and then nothing happened. I would have to wiggle it around and hold it in a certain position for it to get a charge but after a couple seconds it would stop charging. Now it just doesn't do anything when I plug in the charger.

Info on my note 3:
-rooted
-KNOX 0x1
-custom ROM (xNote 8.0, amazing rom btw)
-stock kitkat NA6 kernel from the xnote rom

What I have already done to resolve the problem:
-redownloaded the stock kitkat kernel from a zip file on my ex. sd card
-removed battery for the whole night and just tried it this morning, nothing
-removed sim and ex. sd card and still nothing.

also when I turn off my phone and keep the charging port plugged in the screen would flash white in the middle of the screen for a dozen seconds then boot into recovery itself for some reason.

I dont know if my charging port is broken or if my battery is faulty, but i highly doubt that its my battery because it was just working a couple days ago, and i have rooted and tripped KNOX about 2-3 months ago i believe.

I live in canada and I have the canadian model, snapdragon 800. I also bought the costco 2 year extended warranty so im not sure if they check KNOX before they fix charging ports or something.

Any help is appreciated. my battery is about 10% right now.

Carefully try to clean the charger port on the phone with toothpick.
;)

FlashNAND

Jan 27, 2014
Carefully try to clean the charger port on the phone with toothpick.
;)

thanks for the reply, but my phone was still recognized by ODIN and i installed the kitkat 4.4.2 and reset my phone completely. the charger port works not as well but it puts a charge through so im happy. im pretty sure there was something either wrong with the kernels i attempted to install. bu thanks for the reply :)