Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,799 Members 48,130 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Chrome extension to push any video....?

Tip us?

jamesking420
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 27
I'm talking about a chrome extension that pushes the video only to the Chromecast, directly. In the same way that YouTube and netflix work, for example

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

smartymcfly
Old
Thanks Meter 30
How about "Vget". There is a chrome extension and android app.
The Following User Says Thank You to smartymcfly For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

aiiee
Old
Thanks Meter 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by adobrakic View Post
Check this out, it may be what you're looking for. https://dabble.me/cast
put bookmarklet on bookmark bar, nav to their vimeo demo, clik on bookmarklet, click on play, click on cast icon. nothing happens....

adobrakic
Old
Thanks Meter 60
Make sure to have the latest version of Chrome and the Chromecast plugin. Also, for whatever reason, having the flash plugin enabled causes this to not work sometimes. It doesn't happen for me, but that's what others have reported.

aiiee
Old
Thanks Meter 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by adobrakic View Post
Make sure to have the latest version of Chrome and the Chromecast plugin. Also, for whatever reason, having the flash plugin enabled causes this to not work sometimes. It doesn't happen for me, but that's what others have reported.
did all that... nothin

burnitdown
Old
Thanks Meter 2
https://plus.google.com/110558071969...ts/5fWK26rqitc

aiiee
Old
(Last edited by aiiee; 8th February 2014 at 01:20 AM.)
Thanks Meter 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by burnitdown View Post
What is this supposed to show?

smartymcfly
Old
(Last edited by smartymcfly; 8th February 2014 at 02:41 AM.)
Thanks Meter 30
Here is Vgethttps://chrome.google.com/webstore/d...jaogciic?hl=en link

I'm not sure how Vget works but when I was viewing a page that the vidcast bookmarklet couldn't add casting to, Vget gives the option to cast it.

@aiiee

The vimeo video didn't work for me too... If you change your browser user agent to an android tablet/phone or possibly ios , I only tried android tablet, after it reloaded the UA it did work. But before I changed the user agent I clicked the Vget icon and it gave the option to cast the video in mp4 while video on the page was an flv I believe. So I think the Vget is able to check if the video url returns a proper format video for chromecast. Most sites video will play in formats according to the user agent presented.
The Following User Says Thank You to smartymcfly For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

aiiee
Old
(Last edited by aiiee; 8th February 2014 at 04:35 PM.)
Thanks Meter 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by smartymcfly View Post
Here is Vgethttps://chrome.google.com/webstore/d...jaogciic?hl=en link

I'm not sure how Vget works but when I was viewing a page that the vidcast bookmarklet couldn't add casting to, Vget gives the option to cast it.

@aiiee

The vimeo video didn't work for me too... If you change your browser user agent to an android tablet/phone or possibly ios , I only tried android tablet, after it reloaded the UA it did work. But before I changed the user agent I clicked the Vget icon and it gave the option to cast the video in mp4 while video on the page was an flv I believe. So I think the Vget is able to check if the video url returns a proper format video for chromecast. Most sites video will play in formats according to the user agent presented.
of course, the one thing I, I mean THEY forgot thanks.

Huh, no change, vidcast still won't cast when user agent set to AND. Maybe fool with it some more later, maybe...