Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,588 Members 46,318 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Nook HD: a good platform for ROM installs?

Tip us?

lmacmil
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Default Nook HD: a good platform for ROM installs?

Looking for an Android device to learn how to install custom ROMs. Is the Nook a good platform as a learning tool? My wife has the HD+ but I can't experiment on that because she'd kill me if I screwed it up.😊

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app

N0he
Old
Thanks Meter 11
In my opinion, every device that has usable Custom Roms is a good device to learn the basics, and as installing cyanogenmod on the HD seems to be similiar to installing it on the HD+, doing so should be quite easy even for beginners. You should really stick to one of the guides though, as there seem to be quite some traps (recovery for CM10 not working for CM11 etc.), but if you do, there is not much that could go wrong. Good luck and have fun

jpisini
Old
Thanks Meter 234
The nook seems to be pretty easy to install on. the best device I ever had for custom roms was the Lenovo A1 there weren't a lot of them but the device was unbrickable. Could recover from just about anything.

Sent from my PG86100 using xda app-developers app

AndroidLonghorn
Old
Thanks Meter 28
The Nook HD is really easy to install rooms on. It's also the first Android tablet that I have had where the custom rooms work as well as the standard roms. Usually there is some annoying bug or flaw that you have to live with. So far kitkat works beautifully on it and everything I use just works.