[Q] How do I block OTA udate notification

8th February 2014, 04:39 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
I'm sorry if this has already been posted, I did try to find it, but how do I block the notifications for the latest OTA update? I'm tired of staving it off daily and eventually, I'm bound to accidentally install it. My phone is rooted, but no custom roms. Everything functions fine, so I'd rather not mess with an update and have to reroot. Plus, as I understand it, I'd lose the option to install a custom rom later on. Unless there is something I'm not understanding. Please advise. Thanks.
8th February 2014, 05:01 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 756

1,504 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by savagestranger

I'm sorry if this has already been posted, I did try to find it, but how do I block the notifications for the latest OTA update? I'm tired of staving it off daily and eventually, I'm bound to accidentally install it. My phone is rooted, but no custom roms. Everything functions fine, so I'd rather not mess with an update and have to reroot. Plus, as I understand it, I'd lose the option to install a custom rom later on. Unless there is something I'm not understanding. Please advise. Thanks.

You have to freeze sdm1.0 and rename fwupdater.apk to fwupdater.apk.bak. Then the nagging will stop and won't update.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
The Following User Says Thank You to BadUsername For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread