XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Get "Select Input Method" notification back

Tip us?

xnaterion
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Get "Select Input Method" notification back

It only appears when typing. Using d3rp rom, everyone seems to hate this notification, but I find it very useful. I doubt it, but is there any way to get it back without flashing different rom? Is there a system apk that handles this that could be replaced without breaking the rom.

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

hossman
Old
Thanks Meter 224
I think that happens when you have more than 1 keyboard installed and no default set

Sent from my Evo 3D CDMA using xda app-developers app

xnaterion
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
I do have more than one keyboard and on the stock rom the notification (which is a keyboard icon in the status bar) would be there regardless of default whenever a keyboard was in use. This was a highly useful feature allowing me to switch keyboards on the fly depending on input requirements. There are some really efficient keyboards that lack certain useful features like arrow keys and numberpads, being able to quickly switch keyboards is an effective way to get the best of all worlds. Why people found this so annoying is beyond me. The best I can do right now is use Tasker to replace it, but this notification will be there ALL THE TIME, not just when typing, now THAT is annoying.

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using XDA Premium 4 mobile app