5,595,645 Members 45,477 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

My Note 3 Charging port doesn't pick up anything (PC or wall outlet)

Tip us?

FlashNAND
Old
(Last edited by FlashNAND; 8th February 2014 at 02:50 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default My Note 3 Charging port doesn't pick up anything (PC or wall outlet)

Just yesterday my charging port was working 100%. Before I went to sleep I plugged my phone in for charging and then nothing happened. I would have to wiggle it around and hold it in a certain position for it to get a charge but after a couple seconds it would stop charging. Now it just doesn't do anything when I plug in the charger.

Info on my note 3:
-rooted
-KNOX 0x1
-custom ROM (xNote 8.0, amazing rom btw)
-stock kitkat NA6 kernel from the xnote rom

What I have already done to resolve the problem:
-redownloaded the stock kitkat kernel from a zip file on my ex. sd card
-removed battery for the whole night and just tried it this morning, nothing
-removed sim and ex. sd card and still nothing.

also when I turn off my phone and keep the charging port plugged in the screen would flash white in the middle of the screen for a dozen seconds then boot into recovery itself for some reason.

I dont know if my charging port is broken or if my battery is faulty, but i highly doubt that its my battery because it was just working a couple days ago, and i have rooted and tripped KNOX about 2-3 months ago i believe.

I live in canada and I have the canadian model, snapdragon 800. I also bought the costco 2 year extended warranty so im not sure if they check KNOX before they fix charging ports or something.

Any help is appreciated. my battery is about 10% right now.

Dahdoul
Old
Thanks Meter 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlashNAND View Post
Just yesterday my charging port was working 100%. Before I went to sleep I plugged my phone in for charging and then nothing happened. I would have to wiggle it around and hold it in a certain position for it to get a charge but after a couple seconds it would stop charging. Now it just doesn't do anything when I plug in the charger.

Info on my note 3:
-rooted
-KNOX 0x1
-custom ROM (xNote 8.0, amazing rom btw)
-stock kitkat NA6 kernel from the xnote rom

What I have already done to resolve the problem:
-redownloaded the stock kitkat kernel from a zip file on my ex. sd card
-removed battery for the whole night and just tried it this morning, nothing
-removed sim and ex. sd card and still nothing.

also when I turn off my phone and keep the charging port plugged in the screen would flash white in the middle of the screen for a dozen seconds then boot into recovery itself for some reason.

I dont know if my charging port is broken or if my battery is faulty, but i highly doubt that its my battery because it was just working a couple days ago, and i have rooted and tripped KNOX about 2-3 months ago i believe.

I live in canada and I have the canadian model, snapdragon 800. I also bought the costco 2 year extended warranty so im not sure if they check KNOX before they fix charging ports or something.

Any help is appreciated. my battery is about 10% right now.
Carefully try to clean the charger port on the phone with toothpick.
NOTE 3 SM-N9005

Hit THANKS if I helped.

FlashNAND
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahdoul View Post
Carefully try to clean the charger port on the phone with toothpick.
thanks for the reply, but my phone was still recognized by ODIN and i installed the kitkat 4.4.2 and reset my phone completely. the charger port works not as well but it puts a charge through so im happy. im pretty sure there was something either wrong with the kernels i attempted to install. bu thanks for the reply