Now Gesture Tweaks Replaces Google Now with Custom Action

On most modern Android devices with software navigation keys, swiping up from the … more

ToqAN Fixes Android 5.0 Notification Bug on Qualcomm Toq

The Qualcomm Toq is probably one of the lesser known smartwatches on the market … more

How to Root and Unlock the Google Nexus 6 on a Mac – XDA TV

In the past, XDA Developer TV Producer droidmodd3rx has shown you how to … more

Set Up Your MediaTek Device with Comprehensive Beginner’s Guide

As can be seen with the use of MediaTek chips in Android One devices … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Problems

OP LVMickey

16th January 2014, 11:50 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 1

54 posts
I recently purchased a Nexus 7 from craigslist. Unfortunately I don't believe the seller was fully truthful (surprise). When I got home I tried to connect it to my home Wi-Fi and for some reason it keeps saying there is an authentication problem. It won't let me do anything other then select a language and connect to Wi-Fi. He said it had 4.4 on it, and lucky for me, I bought the tablet to experiment with rooting, flashing, etc. Does anyone have suggestions on where to start with this thing?

*Edited the version which I was told was on it.
Last edited by LVMickey; 16th January 2014 at 11:52 PM.
17th January 2014, 02:09 AM   |  #2  
Flag Kernersville, NC
Thanks Meter: 2

35 posts
More
Have you tried a reboot? Several have posted a reboot resolved their problem with this.
17th January 2014, 02:22 AM   |  #3  
Flag Central Kentucky
Thanks Meter: 1,117

7,013 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by LVMickey

I recently purchased a Nexus 7 from craigslist. Unfortunately I don't believe the seller was fully truthful (surprise). When I got home I tried to connect it to my home Wi-Fi and for some reason it keeps saying there is an authentication problem. It won't let me do anything other then select a language and connect to Wi-Fi. He said it had 4.4 on it, and lucky for me, I bought the tablet to experiment with rooting, flashing, etc. Does anyone have suggestions on where to start with this thing?

*Edited the version which I was told was on it.

I'd just nuke it and start fresh. https://developers.google.com/android/nexus/images
17th January 2014, 03:20 AM   |  #4  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 1

54 posts
Well I got it to connect to my friends Wi-Fi but I'm still going to have some fun with it.

Quote:

I'd just nuke it and start fresh. https://developers.google.com/android/nexus/images

This is a great list but which model would I use?
17th January 2014, 04:59 AM   |  #5  
Flag Ashton-under-Lyne, Manchester, UK
Thanks Meter: 401

663 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by LVMickey

Well I got it to connect to my friends Wi-Fi but I'm still going to have some fun with it.

This is a great list but which model would I use?

Hi, LVMickey...

https://developers.google.com/android/nexus/images

These are Factory Stock Images for Nexus devices... sort of like installable versions of Windows... but for Android instead.

-----------------------------

** If you have the WiFi only Nexus 7, you need the 'Nakasi' version.

** If you have the WiFi & 3G (Mobile) Nexus 7, you need the 'Nakasig' version.

** KOT49H is the latest build version (KitKat 4.4.2).

-----------------------------

Make sure your Nexus 7 is definitely the first generation model (2012)... because the second generation model (2013) requires the Razor and Razorg factory images.

Download the correct one to your PC... and then follow the instructions given here...

[GUIDE] Flashing a Factory Image with fastboot / return to stock.

Hope this clarifies a few things... and good luck.

Rgrds,
Ged.
17th January 2014, 07:38 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 8

279 posts
out of curiosity,how much did you pay for it.

just wondering because i was playing around with the newer Nexux 7 at walmart and i got tempted to jump ship to the newer version. If i do,i will sell it on craigslist.

seems like they are going for between 90-110 bucks.
8th February 2014, 06:30 PM   |  #7  
Quote:
Originally Posted by PassingThruLife

out of curiosity,how much did you pay for it.

just wondering because i was playing around with the newer Nexux 7 at walmart and i got tempted to jump ship to the newer version. If i do,i will sell it on craigslist.

seems like they are going for between 90-110 bucks.

You can get at least $100-120 from a pawn shop, then if you change your mind, you have time to get it back. Just a thought. That's what I did- I pawned my N7, got a new tablet, then went back later and got my N7 back. Now I have both lol, which wasn't the plan, but I love them both so much for different things! Anyway, point is you'd get what you want money-wise without having to commit to the sale (just in case).

The Following User Says Thank You to absinthesummer For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread