Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] [SOLVED] Stock ROM/RUU for Desire Z ANYWHERE?!

OP TouchScreenNoob

8th February 2014, 12:55 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Flag Brecon
Thanks Meter: 6

30 posts
More
Hello, I'm new to the forums.

I have a HTC Desire Z (but then if I didn't I wouldnt be writing in this section!)

I would like to flash the stock ROM and then just to tweaks from then on.

I have looked EVERYWHERE for the stock from for theUK ROM. All I have found is DEAD LINKS

So could anybody point me in the right direction with a link for the download please?

Thanks!

Will

EDIT: IF this helps, just IF, I have the Slim Bean 4.2.2 build 6.2 ROM and the 4EXT Recovery Touch v1.0.0.6 RC1

EDIT 2: HBoot is the engineering one, but if I use a RUU should it revert to the stock one?
Last edited by TouchScreenNoob; 12th February 2014 at 09:36 AM. Reason: Spelling Mistake, write to right.
8th February 2014, 01:03 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 11

94 posts
You can flash PC10IMG.zip from Froyo (this one which you might used while downgrading) but I don't recommend it due to this. And no, I don't know why, but I was doing it every time I wanted to come back to stock Froyo and my Desire Z is still working (it's not the one from topic under yours).

This is just to inform you about a possibility - even if it worked for me many times, I don't recommend it.
Last edited by linoskoczek; 8th February 2014 at 01:09 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to linoskoczek For This Useful Post: [ View ]
8th February 2014, 01:11 PM   |  #3  
OP Member
Flag Brecon

30 posts
More
Should I try this?
I found this on one post, which I accidentally deleted from my history:

www(DOT)filefactory(DOT)com/file/c2772cc/n/_WWE-2(DOT)42(DOT)405(DOT)2-signed(DOT)zip

I am downloading this but is it "safe" to flash a stock rom with S-OFF?

Thank you for the reply
8th February 2014, 02:40 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 11

94 posts
As I said in my previous post, it probably isn't. I think you should firstly make S-ON again and unroot your phone.

By the way, you can find all RUUs here: http://www.androidruu.com/?developer=Vision
And a Quote from this topic: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=832503 :
Quote:

Part 2 Grabbing Rom From RUU

1) Start the exe and leave it to load
2) once loaded leave it
3) navigate to C:\Users\**username***\AppData\Local\Temp\
4) look for pne of the two newest folders and open
5) within that folder there will be another folder open that
6) find rom.zip and copy to the sdcard
7) rename PC10IMG.zip
8) Put MicroSD card back into phone and boot to android

So after you get in C:\Users\**username***\AppData\Local\Temp\ sort items by date and go down to see directories (folders). There should be 2 new directories with names like {BLABLA-SOMETHINGISHERE} (yes, with { and }).
Last edited by linoskoczek; 8th February 2014 at 02:56 PM. Reason: added hint to be understood easier
The Following User Says Thank You to linoskoczek For This Useful Post: [ View ]
8th February 2014, 06:49 PM   |  #5  
OP Member
Flag Brecon

30 posts
More
Thank you!
Quote:
Originally Posted by linoskoczek

As I said in my previous post, it probably isn't. I think you should firstly make S-ON again and unroot your phone.

By the way, you can find all RUUs here: http://www.androidruu.com/?developer=Vision
And a Quote from this topic: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=832503 :

So after you get in C:\Users\**username***\AppData\Local\Temp\ sort items by date and go down to see directories (folders). There should be 2 new directories with names like {BLABLA-SOMETHINGISHERE} (yes, with { and }).

Thank you! It worked like a charm!

I love this phone xD

Thanks, Will.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread