No registration required

Questions about going GPE

OP raxbg

8th February 2014, 05:40 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
Hi,
I want to migrate from the default HTC rom to a google play edition one. I am following this guide htc-one(dot)wonderhowto(dot)com/how-to/convert-any-htc-one-into-stock-google-play-edition-with-bootloader-recovery-ota-updates-0148068/ which states that I need to have S-OFF before trying the method. To get S-OFF I follow the steps described here htc-one(dot)wonderhowto(dot)com/how-to/set-your-htc-one-s-off-using-moonshine-windows-0147992/ . However I am not sure which version of the Moonshine I should download. Can you tell me how to decide which one is for my phone? I know that my phone is made for the Asian(hong kong) market (Product: htc_asia_hk). I see that the moonshine archives end in different version numbers and there is only 1 version for the Asian models. Do you think this will work? Also can you tell me what is the difference? What can happen if I download the wrong one?

Also I want to ask if the google play edition have the slowmo option in the camera and if the BeatsAudio, NFC and IR blaster work?

Thank you!
8th February 2014, 05:57 PM   |  #2  
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 221

743 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by raxbg

Hi,
I want to migrate from the default HTC rom to a google play edition one. I am following this guide htc-one(dot)wonderhowto(dot)com/how-to/convert-any-htc-one-into-stock-google-play-edition-with-bootloader-recovery-ota-updates-0148068/ which states that I need to have S-OFF before trying the method. To get S-OFF I follow the steps described here htc-one(dot)wonderhowto(dot)com/how-to/set-your-htc-one-s-off-using-moonshine-windows-0147992/ . However I am not sure which version of the Moonshine I should download. Can you tell me how to decide which one is for my phone? I know that my phone is made for the Asian(hong kong) market (Product: htc_asia_hk). I see that the moonshine archives end in different version numbers and there is only 1 version for the Asian models. Do you think this will work? Also can you tell me what is the difference? What can happen if I download the wrong one?

Also I want to ask if the google play edition have the slowmo option in the camera and if the BeatsAudio, NFC and IR blaster work?

Thank you!

Moonshine is a very old tool, use rumrunner to get s-off, there are many guides around. Once you do get s-off, you're in complete control of the phone, so if you flash anything wrong (like a firmware), you'll get hard bricked. So be cautious. Then follow this guide
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2358781
Not sure about slow mo, should be possible with 3rd party apps, and beats audio, NFC and IR work.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
8th February 2014, 06:19 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by n1234d

Moonshine is a very old tool, use rumrunner to get s-off, there are many guides around. Once you do get s-off, you're in complete control of the phone, so if you flash anything wrong (like a firmware), you'll get hard bricked. So be cautious. Then follow this guide
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2358781
Not sure about slow mo, should be possible with 3rd party apps, and beats audio, NFC and IR work.

I guess I will leave the stock rom for now . It is too early to brick my phone. I just got it
Do you have any idea if I can at least change the multitasking app without flashing a custom rom? The default sense one is awful...

Thank you again
8th February 2014, 06:55 PM   |  #4  
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 221

743 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by raxbg

I guess I will leave the stock rom for now . It is too early to brick my phone. I just got it
Do you have any idea if I can at least change the multitasking app without flashing a custom rom? The default sense one is awful...

Thank you again

Oh, didn't mean to scare you, on other phones, even this layer of protection doesn't exist, but don't worry, going s-off doesn't mean you're just gonna brick your phone.. If you still want the safety net while trying out new stuff (although everyone, including me highly recommend s-off, it can save your a$$ many times), remain s-on and just unlock your bootloader. Then you can flash all you want without any risk of a hard brick. And yeah, there are many apps on the play store that'll help you switch apps more efficiently (like switchr) although I doubt they'll replace the default double tap switcher.

The Following User Says Thank You to n1234d For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread