FORUMS

T-Mobile Steps Up The War Against Verizon

T-Mobile has today launched a new attack on Verizon under the tagline of “Never Settle … more

Multi DPI Apps for Galaxy Note 4

Samsung stock apps do not scale to non-stock DPIs, which can prove annoying to those that want to … more

Google #StepInsideAdWords Event Livestream

Ahead of the annual I/O conference scheduled to take place later this month, the Google … more

How Much Do You Pay for Your Wireless Bill?

With so many different carriers and options to choose from, it can sometimes be quite a task … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[Q] CC video quality.

6th February 2014, 08:00 AM |#1  
castaway1's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 202
 
More
How can i know what quality is my video streaming?

like youtube videos, i think they are all 720p (i cant check it anywhere). But i have 40Mbit wireless internet connection so i think its enought to stream 1080p. How can i check what quality did i streaming? (not only youtube but plex and any other video streams)

thanks
The Following User Says Thank You to castaway1 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
 
 
6th February 2014, 08:08 AM |#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 425
 
More
Yea, saw that also on YouTube. Definitely not 1080 although no means to check..
6th February 2014, 09:24 AM |#3  
mathorv's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 83
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by castaway1

How can i know what quality is my video streaming?

like youtube videos, i think they are all 720p (i cant check it anywhere). But i have 40Mbit wireless internet connection so i think its enought to stream 1080p. How can i check what quality did i streaming? (not only youtube but plex and any other video streams)

thanks

Most likely it's 720p(it was discussed many times before)-

720p extreme quality is also limitation of Google Cast 14.123.1.4 for Chrome

720p extreme quality setting = Video bitrate 4000-5000 + Audio bitrate 128
720p high quality setting = Video bitrate 2000-2500 + Audio bitrate 128
480p standard quality setting = Video bitrate 750-1500 + Audio bitrate 128
6th February 2014, 09:32 AM |#4  
castaway1's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 202
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mathorv

Most likely it's 720p(it was discussed many times before)-

720p extreme quality is also limitation of Google Cast 14.123.1.4 for Chrome

720p extreme quality setting = Video bitrate 4000-5000 + Audio bitrate 128
720p high quality setting = Video bitrate 2000-2500 + Audio bitrate 128
480p standard quality setting = Video bitrate 750-1500 + Audio bitrate 128

thats only in chrome browser tab stream or im wrong? did chromecast can stream 1080p then? like fullHD movie.
6th February 2014, 09:44 AM |#5  
mathorv's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 83
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by castaway1

thats only in chrome browser tab stream or im wrong? did chromecast can stream 1080p then? like fullHD movie.

You got me there.

Specs says 1080p:
https://support.google.com/chromecas.../3046409?hl=en
FAQ says 1080p:
https://support.google.com/chromecas..._topic=3210038
The Following User Says Thank You to mathorv For This Useful Post: [ View ]
6th February 2014, 01:56 PM |#6  
Senior Member
Toilet
Thanks Meter: 174
 
More
Casting a tab from Chrome is limited to 720p but some casting apps can do 1080p.
6th February 2014, 02:30 PM |#7  
bhiga's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 937
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by r00t4rd3d

Casting a tab from Chrome is limited to 720p but some casting apps can do 1080p.

Correct.

Tab casting is limited because of the fact that it's doing real-time compression of the screen. For the gamers, it's like running FRAPS except you're streaming rather than saving to disk.
8th February 2014, 04:03 PM |#8  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 109
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by castaway1

How can i know what quality is my video streaming?

like youtube videos, i think they are all 720p (i cant check it anywhere). But i have 40Mbit wireless internet connection so i think its enought to stream 1080p. How can i check what quality did i streaming? (not only youtube but plex and any other video streams)

thanks

Is your TV set to tell you your resolution? I.e. My Samsung will say 1920x1080 or 1280x720. Don't do much tab casting so I gotta say I've been pretty pleased that the Chromecast seems to always be pumping out 1080p and my receiver on Netflix stuff always lights up the Dolby Digital+ icon.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
8th February 2014, 07:12 PM |#9  
Member
Thanks Meter: 20
 
More
Netflix has example movies that show the current resolution and bitrate. My CC certainly streams 1080p from Netflix @ 5800 kbps

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in Google Chromecast by ThreadRank