Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,782,291 Members 47,077 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

HELP ME with kindle fire hd 7

Tip us?

turtel2k1
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Default HELP ME with kindle fire hd 7

Hi this is my problem nephew got kindle fire hd 7 for xmas stupid idea hes only 11 anyway he has put a pin in to the tablet and now has forgotten it when you boot it up all it does is ask for a pin there is no way of getting in to it,how can I get in to this tablet I have some idea of what im doing rooted tablets before so I know how to use adb,now adb see the device gives me a number but I tried to use KFFirstAide to restore the kindle but the programme isn't working as its telling me adb is not working ive looked in to hacking the pin to get into it but from what I have read and watched online its saying you need to have adb working but yet I don't think its enabled on the tablet does anyone know of a back door like on android when you holed the volume down you get the dead droid then you can go to option of restore or is there another way to get into this tablet its brand new never been played with just pin put into it and now cant get into it anyone guide me or help me please proper head scratching happening at the momement thanks in advance

stunts513
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 605

DONATE TO ME
I thought if you typed the pin in wrong enough times it would give you the option to restore factory defaults. If adb wasn't on then I don't see you turning it on externally. If it doesn't present you with a way to format it then I suggest getting a fastboot cable and using fastboot mode to clear the userdata, that would probably do the trick.

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire HD running CM10.1 Tablet UI using xda-developers app
My Wallpaper Fix for KF2, KFHD 7", and KFHD 8.9" is HERE
Please Read the instructions and use the debugger if you run into errors.
My own modified adb drivers for just about all kindles (includes old twrp and cm versions) HERE
Tablet UI Patch for latest CM10.1 build HERE!

Please send complaints to /dev/null
The Following User Says Thank You to stunts513 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

turtel2k1
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
ok will look into this cable thx,and still look to see if there is a way to get this sorted in the mean time thx