Sign this petition to bring back MINI USB to devices and stop MICRO USB forever!!!

OP theansible

22nd January 2014, 02:35 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 2

32 posts
http://www.thepetitionsite.com/954/9...-usb-for-good/
This is the gist of the petition:

Changing all devices to use Micro USB in replacement for the wonderful MINI USB (which almost never broke) was an obvious ploy by companies to get you to re-purchase charger parts for your devices faster than ever before. Before Micro USB was released, users would have to buy maybe 1 (if that) replacement Micro USB cable per year. Since implementing MINI USB, I have replaced these cables AT LEAST 20 TO 30 TIMES.

For some of us not-so-techies out there, do you remember when your phone had a slightly larger USB connection and hardly ever failed. But then one day you got a new device and came with a different sized (smaller) cable? The end of the USB cable is noticebaly more frail and falls apart very easily. The older cables lasted MUCH longer!

The reason they did this was to make us consumers buy more and more cables to replace our "worn out USB connectors". It's utter nonsense. It's a nuisance always replacing them and it ends up costing a lot of money!

It's time for us consumers to unite and get back our old MINI USB technology to our devices! We won't stand for it anymore. What they did SHOULD BE ILLEGAL!!!! Stand with me and let's fight it!
22nd January 2014, 02:43 AM   |  #2  
OP Member

32 posts
Delete this post. I put it in the wrong forum!!!!
22nd January 2014, 02:48 AM   |  #3  
OP Member

32 posts
Delete this post. I put it in the wrong forum!
Delete this post. I put it in the wrong forum!
22nd January 2014, 07:51 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 197

563 posts
More
It's too late now. Do you know how many millions of devices already use micro USB?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda app-developers app
22nd January 2014, 09:32 PM   |  #5  
Flag Kegalla
Thanks Meter: 10

108 posts
Donate to Me
More
MicroUSB port came to playground as effort of few years to make a standard in mobile industry. Mainly due to user have to buy new charger for the device instead of previously used.
And the other way, I've seen mini USB ports very fragile and tend to worn out the so easily. Instead of buying new cable you have to repair your device then. That's not my favorite part.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk
5th February 2014, 07:58 AM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 197

563 posts
More
See anything wrong with this picture?

FTFY

8th February 2014, 07:51 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 113

100 posts
More
What's wrong with MicroUSB? I have many MicroUSB devices, and many corresponding leads (for charging and the like), and have never ever had one (male or female connector) break.
The MicroUSB is smaller, and I think visually more pleasant. This allows it to be used on ever thinner smartphones and tablets, without worrying about trying to find space for the port. Also, it does not mar the aesthetics of a device, due to it's small and (fairly) flat form factor.

Go MicroUSB!

The Following User Says Thank You to callidus_ex_de_latebros For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread