Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,807,045 Members 38,447 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Sign this petition to bring back MINI USB to devices and stop MICRO USB forever!!!

Tip us?

theansible
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default Sign this petition to bring back MINI USB to devices and stop MICRO USB forever!!!

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/954/9...-usb-for-good/
This is the gist of the petition:

Changing all devices to use Micro USB in replacement for the wonderful MINI USB (which almost never broke) was an obvious ploy by companies to get you to re-purchase charger parts for your devices faster than ever before. Before Micro USB was released, users would have to buy maybe 1 (if that) replacement Micro USB cable per year. Since implementing MINI USB, I have replaced these cables AT LEAST 20 TO 30 TIMES.

For some of us not-so-techies out there, do you remember when your phone had a slightly larger USB connection and hardly ever failed. But then one day you got a new device and came with a different sized (smaller) cable? The end of the USB cable is noticebaly more frail and falls apart very easily. The older cables lasted MUCH longer!

The reason they did this was to make us consumers buy more and more cables to replace our "worn out USB connectors". It's utter nonsense. It's a nuisance always replacing them and it ends up costing a lot of money!

It's time for us consumers to unite and get back our old MINI USB technology to our devices! We won't stand for it anymore. What they did SHOULD BE ILLEGAL!!!! Stand with me and let's fight it!

theansible
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Delete this post. I put it in the wrong forum!!!!

theansible
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default Delete this post. I put it in the wrong forum!

Delete this post. I put it in the wrong forum!

vantt1
Old
Thanks Meter 157
It's too late now. Do you know how many millions of devices already use micro USB?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda app-developers app
Previously Owned Phones:

Nokia 8310 | Sony Ericsson T68i | Samsung SGH-A701 | iPhone 3GS | Nokia N97 | Nokia X6

Current Android(s):
  • Samsung Galaxy S4 Black Edition GT-i9515

• Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 10.1 SM-T520
Old Androids:
  • Samsung Galaxy SII GT-i9100 (sold)
  • Samsung Galaxy SIII GT-i9305 4G LTE (given away (thread linked was removed by mod))
  • Samsung Galaxy Note II N7100

Native7i
Old
Thanks Meter 10

DONATE TO ME
MicroUSB port came to playground as effort of few years to make a standard in mobile industry. Mainly due to user have to buy new charger for the device instead of previously used.
And the other way, I've seen mini USB ports very fragile and tend to worn out the so easily. Instead of buying new cable you have to repair your device then. That's not my favorite part.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk
Read before flash: either you can make a great wall, I'd love to see.

vantt1
Old
Thanks Meter 157
See anything wrong with this picture?

FTFY

Previously Owned Phones:

Nokia 8310 | Sony Ericsson T68i | Samsung SGH-A701 | iPhone 3GS | Nokia N97 | Nokia X6

Current Android(s):
  • Samsung Galaxy S4 Black Edition GT-i9515

• Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 10.1 SM-T520
Old Androids:
  • Samsung Galaxy SII GT-i9100 (sold)
  • Samsung Galaxy SIII GT-i9305 4G LTE (given away (thread linked was removed by mod))
  • Samsung Galaxy Note II N7100

callidus_ex_de_latebros
Old
Thanks Meter 106
What's wrong with MicroUSB? I have many MicroUSB devices, and many corresponding leads (for charging and the like), and have never ever had one (male or female connector) break.
The MicroUSB is smaller, and I think visually more pleasant. This allows it to be used on ever thinner smartphones and tablets, without worrying about trying to find space for the port. Also, it does not mar the aesthetics of a device, due to it's small and (fairly) flat form factor.

Go MicroUSB!

The Following User Says Thank You to callidus_ex_de_latebros For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]