Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,819 Members 40,992 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Issue to capture hdmi because it's hdcp protected

Tip us?

shortcut1190
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Issue to capture hdmi because it's hdcp protected

Hi Everyone,

I'm owner of Nvidia Shield and a Avermedia live gamer HD so i've trying to do something to capture stuff with a mini-hdmi cable but i got an error about the Shield is HDCP restricted.
I Mean : Everywhere: dashboard, emulator, games, ...

There isn't a lot of discussion about that but somes (here) say there is not hdpc ... i'm here to warn you about that.

I just buy a hdmi active splitter who normally bypass this protection, i'll keep you informed.

--> If you have any suggestion for desactivate this protection directly inside android it can help (it's cheaper... )

Have a nice day

ShortCuT

HobsonA
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by shortcut1190 View Post
Hi Everyone,

I'm owner of Nvidia Shield and a Avermedia live gamer HD so i've trying to do something to capture stuff with a mini-hdmi cable but i got an error about the Shield is HDCP restricted.
I Mean : Everywhere: dashboard, emulator, games, ...

There isn't a lot of discussion about that but somes (here) say there is not hdpc ... i'm here to warn you about that.

I just buy a hdmi active splitter who normally bypass this protection, i'll keep you informed.

--> If you have any suggestion for desactivate this protection directly inside android it can help (it's cheaper... )

Have a nice day

ShortCuT

Yea I'm also curious about this I used to be able to record my shield without any HDCP problems in anything then at some point something must have switched something on the shield and it cant be recorded in any shape through HDMI even after reboot without opening any apps.
Moto G (Stock 4.4)
Huawei Fusion II (CM7)
Nvidia Shield (Stock 4.3)
Nook Tablet (Rooted)

Failrunner
Old
(Last edited by Failrunner; 31st January 2014 at 05:12 AM.) Reason: adding info
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by HobsonA View Post
Yea I'm also curious about this I used to be able to record my shield without any HDCP problems in anything then at some point something must have switched something on the shield and it cant be recorded in any shape through HDMI even after reboot without opening any apps.
I can capture it with the pvr 2 and the rocket with no issues. Here is some footage I recorded with the pvr rocket.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SW2VQWfFiQ4

Neodreamer24
Old
(Last edited by Neodreamer24; 2nd February 2014 at 08:02 PM.)
Thanks Meter 2
I have the avermedia live game portable and I can't stream or rec because it says me it's protected... The only possibility that I found was using split x and capture all pc screen when I watch shield on it... But if it's posible to capture directly or stream it, please help me too

Enviado desde mi GT-I9505 usando Tapatalk 2

shortcut1190
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
I solved it with an HDMI active splitter like this : "HDMI 1x2 Splitter Verteiler Full-HD 1 IN 2 OUT fr 3D 1080P HDTV PC"

They remove HDCP Prorection

My first vido on Shield (French) Youtube : akhJrDc6BFI

@Failrunner : probably your pvr recorder have a embeded feature to remove hdcp

Doodle210
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Works for me with my HD PVR2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8IZAqz8VoYQ