Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,099 Members 45,457 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Galaxy S4 ODIN to most recent stock rom unrooted

Tip us?
 
Exleh
Old
#1  
Exleh's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 17
Posts: 226
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Elko, Nevada
Default Galaxy S4 ODIN to most recent stock rom unrooted

My S4 got basically fried today by the charger, but I need to restore it to stock so that they can't claim BS when I take it in for warranty.

I tried search to no avail, what is the newest STOCK ODIN TAR image to restore the S4 like it came out of the box?

Thanks
Samsung Galaxy S5 - White
Verizon Wireless
Stock

Palm Treo > iPhone 3GS > Huawei M860 Ascend > HTC Evo 4G > HTC Evo 3D > Motorola Droid > Motorola Atrix > Samsung Galaxy S3 > Samsung Galaxy S4 > Samsung Galaxy S5
 
douger1957
Old
#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 49
Posts: 435
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Bel Air
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exleh View Post
My S4 got basically fried today by the charger, but I need to restore it to stock so that they can't claim BS when I take it in for warranty.

I tried search to no avail, what is the newest STOCK ODIN TAR image to restore the S4 like it came out of the box?

Thanks


http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2578209

If your phone is "fried," how will you do this?


Verizon Samsung Galaxy 4 Hyperdrive ROM RLS 14 Safestrapped on MK2 Base
The Following User Says Thank You to douger1957 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
Exleh
Old
#3  
Exleh's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 17
Posts: 226
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Elko, Nevada
Quote:
Originally Posted by douger1957 View Post
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2578209

If your phone is "fried," how will you do this?
Screen is all pink but the phone still functions enough to do this.

Thanks by the way
Samsung Galaxy S5 - White
Verizon Wireless
Stock

Palm Treo > iPhone 3GS > Huawei M860 Ascend > HTC Evo 4G > HTC Evo 3D > Motorola Droid > Motorola Atrix > Samsung Galaxy S3 > Samsung Galaxy S4 > Samsung Galaxy S5
 
spinninbsod
Old
#4  
spinninbsod's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 51
Posts: 424
Join Date: May 2013
Location: new york city
Quote:
Originally Posted by douger1957 View Post
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2578209

If your phone is "fried," how will you do this?
hey i wanted to avoid making another thread this is a simmilar question my device is not bricked but it is rooted i got it a few days ago but dont really like the s4 so im wanting to take it back but its rooted and it has says custom and want to delete my data will the emergency/full wipe brick my phone and will it permanetly remove the custom boot flag
 
k1mu
Old
#5  
k1mu's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1523
Posts: 1,893
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Virginia

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by spinninbsod View Post
hey i wanted to avoid making another thread this is a simmilar question my device is not bricked but it is rooted i got it a few days ago but dont really like the s4 so im wanting to take it back but its rooted and it has says custom and want to delete my data will the emergency/full wipe brick my phone and will it permanetly remove the custom boot flag
There are plenty of places in this forum and in the Development forum with directions for returning to stock. Including the post that you just replied to.
Search, read, and learn.
My Android devices:
vzw Samsung Galaxy S4 stock NC5 rooted
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1, also stock but rooted.

VZ Droid Incredible 2 rooted but otherwise stock.
Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1
 
douger1957
Old
(Last edited by douger1957; 8th February 2014 at 06:54 PM.)
#6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 49
Posts: 435
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Bel Air
Quote:
Originally Posted by spinninbsod View Post
hey i wanted to avoid making another thread this is a simmilar question my device is not bricked but it is rooted i got it a few days ago but dont really like the s4 so im wanting to take it back but its rooted and it has says custom and want to delete my data will the emergency/full wipe brick my phone and will it permanetly remove the custom boot flag
The thread I linked has all of the information you need. Do the full wipe option and your phone will be sparkling clean and unrooted.

Not to be nasty, but there's at least four threads on page one of this forum that ask the same basic question.


Verizon Samsung Galaxy 4 Hyperdrive ROM RLS 14 Safestrapped on MK2 Base
 
spinninbsod
Old
#7  
spinninbsod's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 51
Posts: 424
Join Date: May 2013
Location: new york city
Quote:
Originally Posted by douger1957 View Post
The thread I linked has all of the information you need. Do the full wipe option and your phone will be sparkling clean and unrooted.

Not to be nasty, but there's at least four threads on page one of this forum that ask the same basic question.
and do i have to do all the stuff with the .pit files
 
thedoman
Old
#8  
thedoman's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 81
Posts: 566
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by spinninbsod View Post
and do i have to do all the stuff with the .pit files
Shouldn't need pit with these.

Sent from my cerebral cortex using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to thedoman For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
spinninbsod
Old
#9  
spinninbsod's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 51
Posts: 424
Join Date: May 2013
Location: new york city
Default THANKS!!!!!!!

it worked no longer says custom no longer rooted and it deleted my data thank you guys so much

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


TRENDING IN THEMER...