Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Screen Won't Turn On; Everything Else Functions Properly

OP Schubatis1

8th February 2014, 11:13 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 3

14 posts
I am/was having an interesting problem with my SPH-L710. I was recently at the gym listening to music on my phone, and it was functioning normally. I took my phone out of my pocket and pushed the power button, but the screen wouldn't turn on. The music was still playing, so I knew that my phone didn't just freeze. There was no immediate cause for my phone to stop working (ie I didn't drop it or get it wet at the gym), although I've dropped it several times before today without incident.

I took the battery out of the phone for a few minutes and restarted my phone. The phone turned on normally except the screen wouldn't turn on. I called myself from my landline and used the normal gesture to answer my phone and confirmed that I'm able to receive phone calls and that touch controls are working. I also tried booting my phone into both the recovery and ODIN download screens. I'm not sure if I successfully booted into those modes, but I do know that my screen didn't turn on when I tried to boot into those modes.

I took the SD card out of my phone and activated my backup phone through the Sprint website. I tried resetting my SPH-L710 after deactivating it, and the screen was functioning again. I reactivated my SPH-L710, and now it appears to be functioning normally. I have no idea whether taking the SD card out or deactivating my phone actually solved my problem or if it was just coincidence.

My ROM is MD4 with root. I have Team Win Recovery Project v2.5.0.0. My phone has been nagging me to install 4.3 for a few months now, but I haven't gotten around to researching updated ROMs yet.

My phone now appears to be functioning normally. Has anybody experienced anything like this before?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread