8th February 2014, 12:47 PM   |  #21  
OP Senior Member
baltimore/md
Thanks Meter: 258

779 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by chevycowboyusa

I'll second that. The kernel still needs some tweaks. And Ravike and I were hoping that a fresh set of eyes on this would help get us past some hurdles.

There's a lot of editing that's going to need to be done on a few things.

We used the totem because the mounting worked the best. Once we better at working with the vold files and can manipulate them perfectly with the other roms we might rebase the Rom.

But for now, this is a good start.

Sent from my HTC Amaze 4G using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

I'm not the best with compiling and decompiling kernels. But I'm more than willing to help the devs out with any kind of testing that needs to be done.

I'm more then willing to help never know I might learn more always up for learning new tricks.

Sent from my HTC Amaze 4G using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Last edited by josh2020glacier; 8th February 2014 at 01:09 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to josh2020glacier For This Useful Post: [ View ]
8th February 2014, 10:18 PM   |  #22  
Flag Jacksonville, Florida
Thanks Meter: 2,228

1,943 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by incapable86

now that we have 3.4 kernel this doesn't mean start new rom porting, please consider contributing to exsisting project by chevy called black russian once we fix all stuff on that rom, it will be much easier to port rest of the roms from villec2 and sensation.

Sent from my Amaze 4G using Tapatalk Pro

I agree with this, generally if you don't have experience porting ROMS you should be focused on doing your best to debug. Once most of the stuff is fixed and we're on the level of the bugs in Viper/Sense 4.1 we can open up more porting projects because it's silly to port stuff which is broken that nobody can actually use lol.

I'm probably just going to port one thing and release it, help fix, or do my best to attempt to fix bugs. Once stuff is mostly fixed and usable we'll start porting more stuff.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SuperAfnan For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread