[User Review] Rearth Ringke Slim for Moto G (White)
Rearth Ringke Slim for Moto G (in white)
Slim, hard plastic 1 piece snap on
Needs/Niche for case:
I wanted a temporary non-bulky case for my new Moto G before I decide between the official moto g bumper shell covers (out ~mid jan?) or a more robust solution like Otterbox.
G~$10 with free shipping + a decent (dry apply) screen protector included (1 count) from Amazon.
- Case fits the Moto G like a second skin, very lightweight you barely notice it there.
- Well-made, I noticed some molding seams on the outside (faint) but none on the inside of the case - all smooth.
- All the ports (see photos below) and buttons are exposed clearly and I was able to charge and use headphones without any obstruction.
- There's 1-2? mm of clearance off the surface because of the lip of the case, so your screen isn't touching whatever surface you've put your phone face-down on.
- While the case is easy to slide on, it was very difficult for me to take it off when I was a) worried about scratching the phone while doing it and b) worried about snapping some of the plastic off. There's no instructions included as to the proper way to slide it off, there's a video for the same model showing how to take it off from Rearth (must be a common issue) but it's for a different phone with different cutouts in the case.
- 50% of the corners are exposed (probably to allow you to uncase the phone more easily). This is the biggest con for me because in phone drops it's usually corner drops that cause screen shatter.
- It's entirely made out of hard plastic, no softer material or rubberization coating on the inside. However the case is a very snug fit so I doubt the phone would get scratched up from any sliding within the case.
For $10 it's a very well-made, high quality case. It feels durable (plastic doesn't feel like it's going to snap when I'm trying to pry it off) and it looks great. If all you want is scratch protection for the sides and back this will do the job and feel like next to nothing and look beautiful. If you're like me and drop your phone on occasion, you'll probably want to invest in a case that covers the corners more completely.