5,603,981 Members 45,412 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Nexus 10 KitKat 4.4.(x) and later update information.

Tip us?

DerFremde
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Installed the 4.4.2 update OTA, no problem whatsoever.

zorniki
Old
Thanks Meter 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by DerFremde View Post
Installed the 4.4.2 update OTA, no problem whatsoever.
Same here. Apart from losing root, everything went down without any noticeable hitches. I might restart the Nexus Root Tool today for Titanium to get to work.
Optimus G E975:
ROM: Stock ROM 4.1.2
BB: Stock Baseband APQ8064

Google Nexus 10:
ROM: Stock ROM 4.4

afpapa
Old
Thanks Meter 91
I had a couple times reboots during movie play back. With dice player. Nothing consistent. Two times in a total of 4-5 hours of playback.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk
Note 3 (N9005) - Samsung Gallaxy SIII,
LG O2X + Nokia N97 + C7 + Lumia 800
Google Nexus 10 + Motorola XOOM (Everest-Euro MZ601)
--------------------------
Alex, aka Tsaglis

colinmc8
Old
Thanks Meter 162
Location: Leavin'....on a jet plane!! I don't know when I'll be back again?
Hi there,

I have a question. I just ordered a Nexus 10 for my birthday (couldn't wait for the 10 2! )
I couldn't find out what version of android it will ship with? I'm guessing 4.3?

My question is, assuming it comes with jellybean, should I update?
What do I have to gain from updating to kit Kat? If anything? All I hear about is problems.

Thanks, I would appreciate any opinions/recommendations.
No free philosophy here, go figure it out for yourself

abdel12345
Old
Thanks Meter 1053
Quote:
Originally Posted by colinmc8 View Post
Hi there,

I have a question. I just ordered a Nexus 10 for my birthday (couldn't wait for the 10 2! )
I couldn't find out what version of android it will ship with? I'm guessing 4.3?

What do I have to gain from updating to kit Kat? If anything? All I hear about is problems.

It'll ship with 4.2.2 and yes you should update. Its much smoother on kitkat. All the complaints are just about them removing tablet ui in settings or simple stuff that aren't issues. Just update right when you get it before installing anything so you make sure it's all good and working smooth.

Sent from my VS980 4G using xda app-developers app
Devices: Nexus 10 and Verizon LG G2
The Following User Says Thank You to abdel12345 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

nigelhealy
Old
Thanks Meter 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by colinmc8 View Post
Hi there,

Mine came with 4.2.2 I flashed full wipe to 4.4.2 and no problems. I spent about a week using each version (4.2.2, 4.3, and the many 4.4 versions, the most current works best). I think those with issues in the past had unique settings issues and were doing OTA which carried forward issues. A full format full flash seems to fix all issues.

You might still though get hardware issues, like Wifi or screen brightness bleed, keep an eye on those for warranty returns.
Nexus 4 Stock 4.4.2+ Ziddey-franco r199 (OTG) , Nexus 7 stock 4.4.2+ Franco #76, Nexus 10 stock 4.4.2+ tan-ce kernel (ppp-widget)
The Following User Says Thank You to nigelhealy For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]