Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,165 Members 43,946 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Can't find USB debugging on p600...

Tip us?

djdelirius
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Can't find USB debugging on p600...

Maybe I'm completely overlooking this option but I can't find the Enable USB debugging mode on my 10.1 p600. I have no developer menu anywhere in settings. The closest thing I can find is the install from unknown sources option under security settings which is usually listed under the developer options menu on my other Android devices. I'm running stock Touchwiz on 4.3 build MK1.

lightman33
Old
Thanks Meter 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by djdelirius View Post
Maybe I'm completely overlooking this option but I can't find the Enable USB debugging mode on my 10.1 p600. I have no developer menu anywhere in settings. The closest thing I can find is the install from unknown sources option under security settings which is usually listed under the developer options menu on my other Android devices. I'm running stock Touchwiz on 4.3 build MK1.
this option is hidden by default, you have to activate it.
in general option, you must "click" 7 times (if I remenber well) on the version number (in about device).
Actual phone : Nexus 5 16Go Red (old phone : Samsung Galaxy SIII)
Actual tablet : Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition SM-P600 stock rooted with xposed modules (old tablet : Samsung Galaxy Tab P7510)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lightman33 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ultramag69
Old
Thanks Meter 575
Yep, Sammy are getting paranoid about people using their device like they want to....
If You Disagree Or Think I'm Wrong, Look Closer At My Avatar...

djdelirius
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by lightman33 View Post
this option is hidden by default, you have to activate it.
in general option, you must "click" 7 times (if I remenber well) on the version number (in about device).
Thanks a bunch!! It was actually the build number I had to click on 7 times. But thanks for starting me out. +1 Thanks. Now I only need to figure out how to do the same thing on my Note 3.

Sent from my SM-N900V using xda app-developers app

djdelirius
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by djdelirius View Post
Thanks a bunch!! It was actually the build number I had to click on 7 times. But thanks for starting me out. +1 Thanks. Now I only need to figure out how to do the same thing on my Note 3.

Nevermind, it's the same way for Note 3. Weird but it didn't work the first time I tried it.... Just like the XDA website.

ddavtian
Old
Thanks Meter 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by ultramag69 View Post
Yep, Sammy are getting paranoid about people using their device like they want to....
That's an Android thing, not Samsung. Google made a decision last year to hide developer options. Average Joe doesn't need to see these options.

elsamuraiguapo
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddavtian View Post
That's an Android thing, not Samsung. Google made a decision last year to hide developer options. Average Joe doesn't need to see these options.
Yep that's definitely not a samsung thing. Even my Nexus devices had the developer options hidden. Hell even on some custom ROMs they hide the developer options at first

Hankafyin
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Default I don't understand the need to "Hide" things

Quote:
Originally Posted by elsamuraiguapo View Post
Yep that's definitely not a samsung thing. Even my Nexus devices had the developer options hidden. Hell even on some custom ROMs they hide the developer options at first
I feel that this goes against the whole open source ideal. Sure, have a dialog box that states "you probably don't need or understand these setting", but to make an "easter egg" out of settings seems wrong. IMHO