Auto correct stopped working

Tip us?

Pashovski
Old
(Last edited by Pashovski; 8th February 2014 at 03:44 PM.) Reason: updated
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default Auto correct stopped working

I have tried everything. Clearing the settings, Restarting, shutting down, booting into recovery, but nothing gets my auto correct back. Just to be clear I am referring to when I, for example, would type 'hellp' into messaging, and it automatcially gets fixed when I hit the space bar. I'm on Wicked btw

Any ideas?

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

pete4k
Old
Thanks Meter 53
LOL, I spend hours looking for menu to turn it off, since I could not type any word that was not in dictionary and corrections were almost always wrong, for your example hellp could be misspelled hello but also help, hell etc. So stupid question: is it still turn on?

Pashovski
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Im not sure what you mean , "is it still turn on" ?

Dictionary? I dont even have a dictionary app in this rom.

Ive tried all the settings, including resetting them, so every thing *should* be turned on

BableMan
Old
(Last edited by BableMan; 8th February 2014 at 11:43 PM.)
Thanks Meter 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pashovski View Post
Im not sure what you mean , "is it still turn on" ?

Dictionary? I dont even have a dictionary app in this rom.

Ive tried all the settings, including resetting them, so every thing *should* be turned on

Have you changed keyboards? I had this happen on an HTC and reinstalling the stock keyboard worked for me even though I was using swiftkey.

I assume it worked when you first installed your custom rom?

I think the other guy meant the built in dictionary that's part of the OS or keyboard, not an app. That's the library that lets auto-correct work.
Galaxy Note 3-stock unrooted -- HTC One M7-TrickDroid(retired) -- HP Touchpad-Ubuntu/WebOS (bathroom) -- Galaxy 7.7-Stock4work -- Playbook-does tricks...(kitchen) -- Iphones 4s/5(retired)
"The gods do not protect fools, fools are protected by more capable fools"
I love getting points, even when they're meaningless! So if I help you hit that thanks button
The Following User Says Thank You to BableMan For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Pashovski
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by BableMan View Post
Have you changed keyboards? I had this happen on an HTC and reinstalling the stock keyboard worked for me even though I was using swiftkey.

I assume it worked when you first installed your custom rom?

I think the other guy meant the built in dictionary that's part of the OS or keyboard, not an app. That's the library that lets auto-correct work.
I hadn't changed keyboards, but I have now

I installed swiftkey, and its working the way it should.

I don't know how to re-install the stock keyboard btw - do you mean just switch the keyboard and input method to Samsung keyboard, or is it something else? Also, yes it did work when I first installed the rom.
The Following User Says Thank You to Pashovski For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

BableMan
Old
Thanks Meter 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pashovski View Post
I hadn't changed keyboards, but I have now

I installed swiftkey, and its working the way it should.

I don't know how to re-install the stock keyboard btw - do you mean just switch the keyboard and input method to Samsung keyboard, or is it something else? Also, yes it did work when I first installed the rom.
I just asked this awesome community for the stock HTC Sence keyboard .apk and they served it up within hours, for the Gnote3 just do a search for the latest touchwiz keyboard and that should turn up an apk.

But it sounds like swiftkey fixed it and I'm pretty sure you'll like it more than the stock keyboard, letting it learn from old SMSs/facebook/twitter/gmail/etc will help it a lot too.
Galaxy Note 3-stock unrooted -- HTC One M7-TrickDroid(retired) -- HP Touchpad-Ubuntu/WebOS (bathroom) -- Galaxy 7.7-Stock4work -- Playbook-does tricks...(kitchen) -- Iphones 4s/5(retired)
"The gods do not protect fools, fools are protected by more capable fools"
I love getting points, even when they're meaningless! So if I help you hit that thanks button