Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,779,023 Members 44,110 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Battery & Gauge Issues

Tip us?

eric150
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
Default Battery & Gauge Issues

My DNA battery has gone crazy. Last night the battery was at 66%, I restarted it and the battery went up to 76%. Today, the battery was at 33%, I rebooted it and the battery dropped to 17%. After that I rebooted it again to see if it would go back up and it dropped to 14%. So I did it one last time and that battery then went up to 24%. I dont get it and on top of that my battery life has been terrible recently.

To try to extend it I have installed Lux to manage the screen brightness, I have turned off backup and Google Location Service.
I got Nova Launcher yesterday to see if that helps, I'm using Greenify to close apps and CleanMaster to get rid of junk. I dont use Google Now or have any apps sync/receive notifications besides Messages and Phone. I can't get through the day and I don't use my phone from 7am to 12 in the afternoon.

I have 25 apps installed from Google Play and all the bloatware and useless apps disabled. I use Next Browser instead of Stock/Chrome

Any solutions or suggestions

.torrented
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1473

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by eric150 View Post
My DNA battery has gone crazy. Last night the battery was at 66%, I restarted it and the battery went up to 76%. Today, the battery was at 33%, I rebooted it and the battery dropped to 17%. After that I rebooted it again to see if it would go back up and it dropped to 14%. So I did it one last time and that battery then went up to 24%. I dont get it and on top of that my battery life has been terrible recently.

To try to extend it I have installed Lux to manage the screen brightness, I have turned off backup and Google Location Service.
I got Nova Launcher yesterday to see if that helps, I'm using Greenify to close apps and CleanMaster to get rid of junk. I dont use Google Now or have any apps sync/receive notifications besides Messages and Phone. I can't get through the day and I don't use my phone from 7am to 12 in the afternoon.

I have 25 apps installed from Google Play and all the bloatware and useless apps disabled. I use Next Browser instead of Stock/Chrome

Any solutions or suggestions
Maybe just try to do full cycles with the batter to re-calibrate it, charge it up 100%+ and drain it 99%, rinse/repeat a few times.

eric150
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by .torrented View Post
Maybe just try to do full cycles with the batter to re-calibrate it, charge it up 100%+ and drain it 99%, rinse/repeat a few times.
Ive read that you arent supposed to drain the battery and this phone is unpredictable for when it will turn off from a low battery.
Sometimes it turns off at 8%, sometimes it might turn off at 2%

.torrented
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1473

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by eric150 View Post
Ive read that you arent supposed to drain the battery and this phone is unpredictable for when it will turn off from a low battery.
Sometimes it turns off at 8%, sometimes it might turn off at 2%
You're right about draining the battery however we cannot fully drain these batteries. The system shuts the phone down when it hits a certain level, however you can still power the device back on after it does this, thus the battery still has charge and not fully drained.

And yes they can be unpredictable.

Jaggar345
Old
Thanks Meter 152
Mine will shut down when it gets to about 5 percent but I was using it one time and it went from 8 to 2 in a second and powered itself down. I think they all act weird when they get really low but your issue sounds like the battery is on its last leg.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

orangechoochoo
Old
Thanks Meter 594
According to your battery stats, what's draining the battery the most? Also download GSam battery stats to get a more detailed look at the apps and services that are consuming battery.

Maybe your battery is past its prime, but you want to be sure its not an app or service draining things before giving up.

My Droid 3 and 4 are still going strong as long as I charge them fully and then periodically drain them to 10%.