Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

Battery & Gauge Issues

OP eric150

6th February 2014, 11:09 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 10
 
41 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2013
My DNA battery has gone crazy. Last night the battery was at 66%, I restarted it and the battery went up to 76%. Today, the battery was at 33%, I rebooted it and the battery dropped to 17%. After that I rebooted it again to see if it would go back up and it dropped to 14%. So I did it one last time and that battery then went up to 24%. I dont get it and on top of that my battery life has been terrible recently.

To try to extend it I have installed Lux to manage the screen brightness, I have turned off backup and Google Location Service.
I got Nova Launcher yesterday to see if that helps, I'm using Greenify to close apps and CleanMaster to get rid of junk. I dont use Google Now or have any apps sync/receive notifications besides Messages and Phone. I can't get through the day and I don't use my phone from 7am to 12 in the afternoon.

I have 25 apps installed from Google Play and all the bloatware and useless apps disabled. I use Next Browser instead of Stock/Chrome

Any solutions or suggestions
7th February 2014, 12:33 AM   |  #2  
.torrented's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Suffolk, VA
Thanks Meter: 1,478
 
2,789 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2011
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by eric150

My DNA battery has gone crazy. Last night the battery was at 66%, I restarted it and the battery went up to 76%. Today, the battery was at 33%, I rebooted it and the battery dropped to 17%. After that I rebooted it again to see if it would go back up and it dropped to 14%. So I did it one last time and that battery then went up to 24%. I dont get it and on top of that my battery life has been terrible recently.

To try to extend it I have installed Lux to manage the screen brightness, I have turned off backup and Google Location Service.
I got Nova Launcher yesterday to see if that helps, I'm using Greenify to close apps and CleanMaster to get rid of junk. I dont use Google Now or have any apps sync/receive notifications besides Messages and Phone. I can't get through the day and I don't use my phone from 7am to 12 in the afternoon.

I have 25 apps installed from Google Play and all the bloatware and useless apps disabled. I use Next Browser instead of Stock/Chrome

Any solutions or suggestions

Maybe just try to do full cycles with the batter to re-calibrate it, charge it up 100%+ and drain it 99%, rinse/repeat a few times.
7th February 2014, 03:06 AM   |  #3  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 10
 
41 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2013
Battery Full
Quote:
Originally Posted by .torrented

Maybe just try to do full cycles with the batter to re-calibrate it, charge it up 100%+ and drain it 99%, rinse/repeat a few times.

Ive read that you arent supposed to drain the battery and this phone is unpredictable for when it will turn off from a low battery.
Sometimes it turns off at 8%, sometimes it might turn off at 2%
7th February 2014, 03:58 AM   |  #4  
.torrented's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Suffolk, VA
Thanks Meter: 1,478
 
2,789 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2011
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by eric150

Ive read that you arent supposed to drain the battery and this phone is unpredictable for when it will turn off from a low battery.
Sometimes it turns off at 8%, sometimes it might turn off at 2%

You're right about draining the battery however we cannot fully drain these batteries. The system shuts the phone down when it hits a certain level, however you can still power the device back on after it does this, thus the battery still has charge and not fully drained.

And yes they can be unpredictable.
8th February 2014, 04:00 AM   |  #5  
Jaggar345's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Amston
Thanks Meter: 155
 
1,097 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2012
More
Mine will shut down when it gets to about 5 percent but I was using it one time and it went from 8 to 2 in a second and powered itself down. I think they all act weird when they get really low but your issue sounds like the battery is on its last leg.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
9th February 2014, 02:45 AM   |  #6  
orangechoochoo's Avatar
Senior Member
Beating up dumbbells
Thanks Meter: 609
 
1,978 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2012
According to your battery stats, what's draining the battery the most? Also download GSam battery stats to get a more detailed look at the apps and services that are consuming battery.

Maybe your battery is past its prime, but you want to be sure its not an app or service draining things before giving up.

My Droid 3 and 4 are still going strong as long as I charge them fully and then periodically drain them to 10%.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes