Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,436 Members 45,038 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Newbie to unlocking bootloader rooting and getting s-off

Tip us?
 
SaHiLzZ
Old
#11  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 395
Posts: 1,666
Join Date: Jan 2011
Asking questions in International GSM htc one will not help with a Verizon device

sent from my mobile device
 
JSDragon
Old
#12  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 29
Join Date: Dec 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmlusco View Post
You can take the ota first, it has been confirmed that firewater works on the new ota.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iz3man View Post
I just Ulocked, rooted and S-offed my Freshly OTA updated to 4.4.2 One. No problems or issues.

I used :
HTCDEV to unlock
CWM for recovery and root
and FireWater to S-off

Had some hiccups along the way but nothing that came close to bricking it. Just had to change a few settings and permissions.
I thought HTC Dev no longer worked for the htc one?
 
Iz3man
Old
#13  
Member
Thanks Meter 6
Posts: 82
Join Date: Jun 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSDragon View Post
I thought HTC Dev no longer worked for the htc one?
Worked great for me yesterday. They emailed me a Unlock.bin file, ran it withbadb and presto unlocked.
The Following User Says Thank You to Iz3man For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
JSDragon
Old
#14  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 29
Join Date: Dec 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iz3man View Post
Worked great for me yesterday. They emailed me a Unlock.bin file, ran it withbadb and presto unlocked.
what would you recommend for backing up all of your stuff so you can restore it after all of this?
 
Iz3man
Old
#15  
Member
Thanks Meter 6
Posts: 82
Join Date: Jun 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSDragon View Post
what would you recommend for backing up all of your stuff so you can restore it after all of this?
I use adb backup its so far the best I've used... I didntvuse anything this go around, this one was a warranty replacement and I've been driving with my note 3... I just decided to unlock, root and soff this yesterday as a weeknight project
 
JSDragon
Old
#16  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 29
Join Date: Dec 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iz3man View Post
I use adb backup its so far the best I've used... I didntvuse anything this go around, this one was a warranty replacement and I've been driving with my note 3... I just decided to unlock, root and soff this yesterday as a weeknight project


Mmmmm not sure how to use that for backing up my phone.
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes