Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,436 Members 45,038 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Newbie to unlocking bootloader rooting and getting s-off

Tip us?

SaHiLzZ
Old
Thanks Meter 395
Asking questions in International GSM htc one will not help with a Verizon device

sent from my mobile device

JSDragon
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmlusco View Post
You can take the ota first, it has been confirmed that firewater works on the new ota.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iz3man View Post
I just Ulocked, rooted and S-offed my Freshly OTA updated to 4.4.2 One. No problems or issues.

I used :
HTCDEV to unlock
CWM for recovery and root
and FireWater to S-off

Had some hiccups along the way but nothing that came close to bricking it. Just had to change a few settings and permissions.
I thought HTC Dev no longer worked for the htc one?

Iz3man
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSDragon View Post
I thought HTC Dev no longer worked for the htc one?
Worked great for me yesterday. They emailed me a Unlock.bin file, ran it withbadb and presto unlocked.
The Following User Says Thank You to Iz3man For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

JSDragon
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Worked great for me yesterday. They emailed me a Unlock.bin file, ran it withbadb and presto unlocked.
what would you recommend for backing up all of your stuff so you can restore it after all of this?

Iz3man
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSDragon View Post
what would you recommend for backing up all of your stuff so you can restore it after all of this?
I use adb backup its so far the best I've used... I didntvuse anything this go around, this one was a warranty replacement and I've been driving with my note 3... I just decided to unlock, root and soff this yesterday as a weeknight project

JSDragon
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
I use adb backup its so far the best I've used... I didntvuse anything this go around, this one was a warranty replacement and I've been driving with my note 3... I just decided to unlock, root and soff this yesterday as a weeknight project

Mmmmm not sure how to use that for backing up my phone.