Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,786,479 Members 37,567 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] What can be removed from SlimKat?

Tip us?

izzy001
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 31
Default [Q] What can be removed from SlimKat?

Hi, I was wondering what can be removed from SlimKat or any 4.4 rom for a minimal install. The phone will not be used for any data or cellular network since I moved over to T-Mobile, and will only run over WIFI. I want to use its power (its a powerful phone) to make myself a small gaming/media center/ftp server. To achieve that I would like a minimal install, like only base framework files, minimal apps etc. if possible. Thanks.
Phone: Moto G US Variant
Rom: Stock KitKat Rooted with xposed Framework
Recovery: PhilZ Touch 6 based on Clockworkmod 6.0.4.7

Phone: Motorola Droid Razr Maxx
Rom: SlimKat
Recovery: Safestrap 3.5
---------------------------
If someone has help you or like a theme/rom, thank them by pressing the "Thanks" button. That way you can show your appreciation.

neo.ank
Old
Thanks Meter 523

DONATE TO ME
Since you don't want to use the cellular features, I think the VZW stuff can be removed without affecting other functioning.

However it would be much better to freeze the things you feel not important and see what effect it has. If it works normally , you can safely remove it.

DROID RAZR with Tapatalk 4
My friend told me,there was life outside the internet and that I should check it out.
I said "Cool.! Send me the link. !!"

The Following User Says Thank You to neo.ank For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

izzy001
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 31
Thanks. Now for an another question. Is there a way to make an application run as soon as android comes up? Kinda like replacing the launcher?

Sent from my XT1034 using Tapatalk
Phone: Moto G US Variant
Rom: Stock KitKat Rooted with xposed Framework
Recovery: PhilZ Touch 6 based on Clockworkmod 6.0.4.7

Phone: Motorola Droid Razr Maxx
Rom: SlimKat
Recovery: Safestrap 3.5
---------------------------
If someone has help you or like a theme/rom, thank them by pressing the "Thanks" button. That way you can show your appreciation.