Lollipop for OnePlus One Enters Testing Stage

Cyanogen just announced on their twitter that their CyanogenMod Lollipop build for the OnePlus … more

Xiaomi Business Model Unlike Usually Conceived

This article explains how Xiaomi sells phones not just to be a mobile OEM, but also to seed … more

Note 4 Launcher Theme Collection

If you like the features and integration of the TouchWiz Launcher on your Note 4, FrenchFamousTeam put … more

Verizon Allows Customers to Opt Out of Supercookies

Following the controversy that Verizon’s zombie “supercookies” … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

May be a dumb question?

OP hendojake

8th February 2014, 02:27 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Flag Saukville
Thanks Meter: 2
 
26 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2011
If I took the 4.3 update and Im on a custom unlock according to bootup, am I able to do anything as far as custom recovery's and or rom's? Im a flashing addict and I fear that taking this 4.3 update has screwed the potential I used to have lol. I know there are forums on the update and some news but I'm trying to get it narrowed down could someone be of assistance?
8th February 2014, 02:56 AM   |  #2  
BadUsername's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 821
 
1,604 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hendojake

If I took the 4.3 update and Im on a custom unlock according to bootup, am I able to do anything as far as custom recovery's and or rom's? Im a flashing addict and I fear that taking this 4.3 update has screwed the potential I used to have lol. I know there are forums on the update and some news but I'm trying to get it narrowed down could someone be of assistance?

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2639337

Everything you need is here.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
8th February 2014, 05:47 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Flag Saukville
Thanks Meter: 2
 
26 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadUsername

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2639337

Everything you need is here.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Okay I understand that info but not where I am in terms of what I can do.
8th February 2014, 05:55 PM   |  #4  
BadUsername's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 821
 
1,604 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hendojake

Okay I understand that info but not where I am in terms of what I can do.

The only recovery you can use is safestrap and the only roms you can use are TouchWiz 4.3 roms.


Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
8th February 2014, 09:34 PM   |  #5  
harley1rocker's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag jemison
Thanks Meter: 29
 
332 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2012
More
Yup your screwed. Everyone says you can use tw roms but u cant. Ohh you can root and put safestrap on it. And create rom slots but when u flash one it just goes to a black screen. So yes. Your flashoholic days are over my friend. Trust me. Im stock now. 4.3 JB. Yup. Randomly shuts down, freezes, battery last about an hour. Throw your phone as hard as u can at a verizon rep

Sent from my SCH-I535 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
9th February 2014, 03:36 AM   |  #6  
bradg24's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 49
 
204 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2011
More
The word out we are getting ota KitKat. Hopefully Verizon don't screw us out of it.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
9th February 2014, 03:50 AM   |  #7  
BadUsername's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 821
 
1,604 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradg24

The word out we are getting ota KitKat. Hopefully Verizon don't screw us out of it.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Where did you hear this? I highly doubt we're going to get the update, even if the international version is going to get it It'll be months afterwards before Verizon even thinks about pushing an update to us. They really have no incentive to push a kit-kat build to us.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes