Default S2 says its in download mode...when plugged into AC?

Just replaced the usb port/flex cable for the 2nd time on this phone, Galaxy S2 i777. First time was end of summer/beginning of fall, after dealing with an increasingly faulty usb port and charging behavior, this time it went in a matter a matter of hours, and the port wasn't dirty or corroded.

Charging was normal for at least a half hour but then the phone started thinking it was docked and going into daydream when plugged into a computer, and a couple times it went into download mode, once while plugged into AC power. USB debugging was also disable prior to the 2nd unexpected download mode. It also said something like "erased" something on the download mode, and said it was was stock Samsung firmware. I'm on PACman rom 4.2.2/CM 10.1 which I had just flashed about 2 days ago, previously Shostock 3, 4.1.2. The phone will automatically boot up when plugged in. It will also go into car mode like its docked.

Is this yet another faulty USB port, going bad less than an hour after installing? This was a good flex cable too, with the proper antenna for the i777... any thoughts or ideas?