Sony SmartEyeglass SDK Developer Preview Released

A little over a month ago in Tokyo, Japan, Sony unveiled its new SmartEyeglasstechnology. … more

XDA and Leaseweb: Server Trial/Moto 360 Contest (Winners!)

About a month ago, we held a contest along with XDA’s host, Leaseweb, to … more

Updated Android Lollipop Preview Images – XDA TV

The Android Lollipop Preview Images are now available! That and much more news is … more

Get a Complete Set of Logs with Andy Log

The importance of proper logging is undeniable. No, we’re not talking about lumberjack work. … more

[Q] What was your mobile life when Smartphone was a fantasy?

OP TheGeeZus

24th January 2014, 07:03 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Flag Toa Baja
Thanks Meter: 10

30 posts
Donate to Me
More
Smartphone are just about to get 8 years old to when they began to be affordable and many of use have used only basic of feature phones.

My story before the signature list included: Samsung SPH-A680, Sanyo SPC-2400, Kyocera KX5, Motorola Razr V3m, T-Mobile Tap.
Last edited by TheGeeZus; 24th January 2014 at 07:10 AM. Reason: Adding information
26th January 2014, 04:17 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 32

160 posts
More
My very first phone was the samsung blade, also a flip phone. I remember all of my friends had the motorola razr lol good times. It's amazing how in the past the razr was considered to be THE best phone that everyone wanted...and now its completely obsolete in the face of todays smartphones.
26th January 2014, 12:44 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 58

28 posts
I think my first was probably the nokia 3310, cant remember back far enough if there was one before that.
26th January 2014, 02:02 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 2

19 posts
I was always using the Nokia when in university because they are very solid.
27th January 2014, 03:24 AM   |  #5  
Flag Jakarta
Thanks Meter: 1

17 posts
Donate to Me
More
I was using blackberry at the first of smartphone era, it really popular smartphone in my country because the blackberry messenger lol, and i think many people still using it until now.

Sent from my Xperia Z1 using Tapatalk
6th February 2014, 08:30 AM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 1

10 posts
Actually, I was iphone user. I was shocked that I can use internet browser on the phone!
8th February 2014, 03:58 AM   |  #7  
OP Member
Flag Toa Baja

30 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by androidprincess

Actually, I was iphone user. I was shocked that I can use internet browser on the phone!

Never tried a basic phone?

At least when Snake of Nokia was (IT STILL) cool?

8th February 2014, 11:09 AM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 8

279 posts
I had the first motorola razr back in like 2005-2006 and i thought i was super cool. sending picture messages and texts lol. i used that phone up until i think 2008 when i got a BB curve 8900 and its been smartphones since.

when i was a kid i remember my dad had one of those bulky motorola phones in the late 90s and i remember being amazed at making calls from anywhere. back then,calling someone was reserved for extreme cases lol. if we wanted to talk to a friend we rode our bike to his house.

and damn sure,we didnt wanna talk to the teacher after school lol. now kids text and chat with their teachers... growing up,if a teacher called the house it was to talk to the parents to tell them you did something bad... scary times.
8th February 2014, 11:33 AM   |  #9  
Flag Depok
Thanks Meter: 167

593 posts
More
Had a Siemens mono chrome phone as my first phone then Nokia 3310. It was amazing following technology at that time. First coloured screen phone, first phone with camera, first phone that supports mp3 files, and 2 mpx camera were the best in Nokia N9 and Sony Ericsson K900. Nokia was the most wanted device, and their Symbian series was mind boggling. I also remembered when 3G first came in Nokia 6630. And look at them now.

Sent from my blazing fast Nexus 4
9th February 2014, 04:00 AM   |  #10  
OP Member
Flag Toa Baja

30 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by uchihakurtz

Had a Siemens mono chrome phone as my first phone then Nokia 3310. It was amazing following technology at that time. First coloured screen phone, first phone with camera, first phone that supports mp3 files, and 2 mpx camera were the best in Nokia N9 and Sony Ericsson K900. Nokia was the most wanted device, and their Symbian series was mind boggling. I also remembered when 3G first came in Nokia 6630. And look at them now.

Sent from my blazing fast Nexus 4

I agree with the feeling, Smartphone as we know them now are just 5 years old and a lot had being jumped.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
life, mobile, nostalgia
Previous Thread Next Thread