Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,426 Members 53,411 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] LG Optimus 3D p925g

Tip us?

menard420
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Audio [Q] LG Optimus 3D p925g

heey everyone i have some questions about this rooting and rom stuff..i just bought one of these 3d ( already unlocked (rogers) ) phones from kijiji and i see you can customize it with these roms and rooting.. my questions are if i root it and/or hard reset the phone will i need a new unlock code to use with my carrier (bell)? and if I dont need to re-enter a new code to work with my carrier (bell) can i get rid of these unwanted apps by doing this?? cant seem to find a real answer here lol

drastic00
Old
Thanks Meter 385
XBSA vR3D ROM is based on the Rogers version of ICS. Yes you can delete whatever you want; by installing the custom ROM, much of that is already done for you. I am not sure what you mean about a code...
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2195753

menard420
Old
(Last edited by menard420; 7th February 2014 at 06:18 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
yaah the code for my sim card... so i can use it with another carrier....ie,,,,(bell) because i bought the phone already unlocked..original carrier is rogers....just wondering if i make a custom root orr whatever will that sim lock again?.

drastic00
Old
Thanks Meter 385
For me this was no problem, but I only swapped cards to unlock, no code.

menard420
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Thumbs down HELPPPP??????

Quote:
Originally Posted by drastic00 View Post
For me this was no problem, but I only swapped cards to unlock, no code.

the phone is already unlocked (p925g from ROGERS)....so i can use it with any sim card (MY PROVIDER IS BELL) and i already know how to make a new APN...just simply want to know if I do this will the phone lock again back to original state.(HOW IT CAME FROM ROGERS) AND WILL I HAVE TO PAY TO HAVE IT UNLOCKED AGAIN?????

drastic00
Old
Thanks Meter 385
Yelling is unnecessary. I dunno man, try it and see. If not, an unlock code is like $2 on eBay.

---------- Post added at 10:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:09 PM ----------

And the ROM did not come from Rogers, it was based on Rogers firmware with the bloatware removed by xbsall.